wooden play kitchen

Gemma Simone

Reaction score
my LO is turning 2 soon and we wanted to buy her a wooden play kitchen for her birthday. they vary so much in price! has anyone got any recommendations? this one looked cute and was one of the cheapest that i'd seen but gets a few bad reviews for being flimsy https://www.amazon.co.uk/Branching-...PZD2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307105378&sr=8-1

i don't want to get a really cheap one that doesn't have much options for play i.e. not enough cupboards/shelves etc, or is flimsy but equally don't want to spend silly money!

Kidicraft make good ones, ELC rebrand as their own and sell them, but you can find them on amazon and ebay too.

We got H one for xmas and it's been a huge hit.

I don't know anything about the one you're looking at, only that IKEA do something similar which also looked very good. The ikea food is also great.

I've got the John Crane one and I really like it. My daughter got it for her 2nd birthday last week.

I just read the reviews on Amazon and it sounds as if they had a bad batch of kitchens with regard to quality control! On the version I have there is definitely no glass - it is plastic on the oven door. It was easy to assemble and everything fit together well. Time will tell how it holds up but I don't have any major concerns. It looks pretty sturdy.

It has been played with every day and I don't think she'll get bored with it for ages. We got her some Big Jigs wooden fruit and veg that can be cut in two. I'd really recommend that, she loves cutting up and making salads or stews.

IKEA do this one that I want to get for Harry

Attachments

• duktig-mini-kitchen-white-birch-plywood__0086284_PE214924_S4.JPG
    duktig-mini-kitchen-white-birch-plywood__0086284_PE214924_S4.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for the advice. I'll have at look at those and I'll definitely get some cutting food as well.

I've got the John Crane one and I really like it. My daughter got it for her 2nd birthday last week.

I just read the reviews on Amazon and it sounds as if they had a bad batch of kitchens with regard to quality control! On the version I have there is definitely no glass - it is plastic on the oven door. It was easy to assemble and everything fit together well. Time will tell how it holds up but I don't have any major concerns. It looks pretty sturdy.

It has been played with every day and I don't think she'll get bored with it for ages. We got her some Big Jigs wooden fruit and veg that can be cut in two. I'd really recommend that, she loves cutting up and making salads or stews.

That's really good to know that yours is sturdy as I thought this one was really cute but had been put off by the reviews. Double bonus that it's also the cheapest at 58 from amazon! Thanks xx

We got Sophia this one at Christmas and she LOVES it and it is really sturdy. We got it in the sale but it is back at full price now so a bit pricey but will last forever I would imagine!

https://www.elc.co.uk/Red-Retro-Kitchen/118447,default,pd.html

The Janod one looks good too. Janod make lovely quality things - but it is £20 more.

We got Sophia this one at Christmas and she LOVES it and it is really sturdy. We got it in the sale but it is back at full price now so a bit pricey but will last forever I would imagine!

https://www.elc.co.uk/Red-Retro-Kitchen/118447,default,pd.html

I absolutely love this one!! But it's a bit of a splurge as we're getting a wendy house for her as well. Its also quite big and I'm not sure if it'd fit in the place I have picked out for it.

yeah i love the look of the janod one too. i think you mean this one ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/JANOD-4505...f=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1307132603&sr=8-1

its what i had planned to get my LO for her birthday/xmas this year (not sure which one she'll get it for yet as its 10 days apart)

try ebay ! :) i got that Ikea one listed above for 70 quid ! :) with ALL the extras... all the food the fancy bowls spoons folks food pots and pans etc .. each set was worth 5-10 quid .. and its pretty much new, a woman brought it for childminding then packed it in a few months later :) ! dead chuffed. got it hiding in my bedroom lol! :/ for Lo birthday next week :) x

try ebay ! :) i got that Ikea one listed above for 70 quid ! :) with ALL the extras... all the food the fancy bowls spoons folks food pots and pans etc .. each set was worth 5-10 quid .. and its pretty much new, a woman brought it for childminding then packed it in a few months later :) ! dead chuffed. got it hiding in my bedroom lol! :/ for Lo birthday next week :) x

thanks - i had a look on ebay but couldn't see anything that i fancied.

yeah i love the look of the janod one too. i think you mean this one ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/JANOD-4505...f=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1307132603&sr=8-1

its what i had planned to get my LO for her birthday/xmas this year (not sure which one she'll get it for yet as its 10 days apart)

thanks for the post! they're at least £80 on most other sites! £66 is a good price and only a few pounds more than the john crane one. may have to go for this one as it matches the colours in our conservatory! i'm a bit OTT like this :blush:

haha no i'm the same, it'll blend in nicely with my living room so thats another plus fo rit.

such a shame there are not more nice looking wooden kitchens with washing machine bits aswell as ovens

We're probably going to get the ELC retro one :blush:

I absolutely adore it and it will match and hopefully fit in the space I have for it this christmas :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->