Woohoo started folic acid

goddess25

Reaction score
Nothing really to say apart from woohoo....

:happydance:

Starting folic acid seems like a step towards TTC.

That is all

i started taking it too! Even though i months away, i figure now as good a time as any.

How much do you take? They say 400 for normal women, and more for pregnant, but what about in-between?

I have just been taking 1mg... its tabs i got from the pharmacist specifically for pregnancy. You need to take it at least 3 months before ttc and for all of the 1st trimester, there is no need to take it after that.

:happydance:Wow me to taking it after my reversal was done 8th october!! have you heard aboout this prenantal vitimin I keep seeing people talking about it and ont know what it is! we are going to start trying feb after my body has recovered I cant wait! Good luck you
Zoe

How much do you take? They say 400 for normal women, and more for pregnant, but what about in-between?

In the UK its 200mcg for normal women, and 400mcg if TTC or pregnant although it's different in other countries. 1mg is the upper daily limit though everywhere.

I too switched from my regular multivitamin to Pregnancy Care vitamins as they said you could take them before conception ;-)

I took specific prenatal vitamins last time called materna.. that had everything you need in them including folic acid. They gave me a really sore tummy and diarrhoea, it was ok before conception but i stopped them once i was and just continued the folic acid. I had lots of MS and they made it worse I think. Will see what happens next time.

:happydance: it definitely is so exciting to start taking it as it really feels like a step closer :) x

Awww congrats... I'm not trying till April but I've already started to take it.. :lol: Well they say you need a good store!!

I have a question. I have been taking folic acid for 3 months, i just thought they were good for the baby's development etc Can it help you concieve???

woohoo to you!

I took my first pregnacare conception tablet yesterday so woohoo to me too!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->