words my toddler can say

Trizzy has only started talking more...ash at one was putting 3 words together!
So tristan can say;
Mumma
Dadda
Asher or buba
No
More
Mine
Dink (drink)
Snack
Car
Stez ( stairs)
Hiya
Bye
Grandad...new one he's just learnt!
Woof woof
Oh dear
That's about it but he's definitely copying a lot more words now.

From what I can remember Alfie can say:

Mummy
Daddy
Evie
No
Hiya
Bye
Morning
Night
Cat
Dog
Car
Door
Toilet
Mine
Din dins
All gone
See you later
Oh no
Choc choc
Ta
Sorry

Lucy isn't saying any words yet!! :cry: Now I'm freaking out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Babies...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1224842871&sr=8-1

To those who are worried about their child's speech, try and get hold of a copy of the above book. It talks about language acquisition. Basically, the overall message is to look at where your child is at about age 2 (which is why that is generally when the HV does that check - personally I haven't seen a HV since my little one was 7 months old!); it says that all children acquire language at different rates and those who are fastest will have about 10x more words than those who acquire it more slowly, but that by age 2 it should all even out and your child should have reached a set point or beyond. More importantly it states that the speed at which your child acquires words bears NO relation to your child's IQ, and that is rooted in research! So do not worry! Talk to your child, read to your child, sing to your child, try to avoid baby language, and they will get there in their own sweet time and you won't be able to keep them quiet!!

She'll be babbling - most resources say that babies between 12 and 18 months pick up between one and a few words, and language develops more rapidly after 18 months. As long as she's babbling and playing with sounds and has some kind of tone in her voice, then she's got words - they just don't make sense to us yet! The key is understanding, so if she understands even a little that's really good. Of course talk to your HV if you are worried, but try and relax and enjoy your weekend!

Don't worry. Her words may all come out at once.
The doctor told me that by 18 months they expect 7 words or more. A little behind shouldn't be a worry.

She doesn't say dada? Or maybe she is saying words but you haven't caught them yet.
Like I didn't catch Alexa knew the word Ball (pronounces Bahhw) until much later. I had just finally realized... wow she says this everytime she plays with her ball. and then it hit me... DUH! lol now I hear her say it, it deff sounds like ball. It was just said in baby tone took me a second to catch on. lol

And honestly.. Alexa has yet to babble. I always couldn't wait to hear it. :(
I always heard my friends babies just going off with babbling like they are talking in a different language.

Alexa won't say any word until she knows it??? Kind of weird... wouldn't she have to babble and play with her sounds to be able to say the word? Confusing now that I think about it.... :shrug: she just grunts or says "Uhg" Or the words she knows.

She'll be babbling - most resources say that babies between 12 and 18 months pick up between one and a few words, and language develops more rapidly after 18 months. As long as she's babbling and playing with sounds and has some kind of tone in her voice, then she's got words - they just don't make sense to us yet! The key is understanding, so if she understands even a little that's really good. Of course talk to your HV if you are worried, but try and relax and enjoy your weekend!

She babbles non stop and definately has a tone to her voice... I fully expect her one day just to say 'mum, can I have a drink please?'... I will be gobsmacked!! :haha:

Bryson says:

Cat
Dog
Tractor
Pull trailer
trailer
truck
car
daddy
mommy
love you mommy and daddy
potty train
choo choo train
outside
bites
popcorn
juice
tv on
tv off
highchair
couch
light on
sucker
cup
diaper
bath
night night
mommies van
jeep
work
all gone
done
sit down
mommy sit
daddy sit
momma kitty
smokie (cat)
ashy (cat)
meany (cat)
sugar (cat)
fan
hat
auntie
pawpaw
nana
mimi
steve (his uncle)
door
shut door
no
please
thank you
grass
mow grass
milk
water
nasty
gross
doggy
football
duck
deer
french fries
fish
cheese
onion
pickle
apple
chicken
beef
baby
baby wipes
shirt
pants
socks
And many more.

He can say short sentences by putting most of the owrds above together.

Daisy can say loads, she's picking up probably up to 5-6 words a day now.. she just started putting two words together- today she said 'more juice' and she shouts things like 'MUM DOOR!' when she wants the door open etc etc.
She's not great at pronouncing the end of words like ball and bag but she's getting better :)

Oh- also, when Daisy was anywhere up to 14 months she had less than 5 recognisable words, it just came on really fast one day, I was worried because after her birthday age only had one word- cheese- and everyone else's LOs had loads, but she's def caught ip now!

Just realised I didn't actually answer this thread lol!

I did put a list on a similar thread the other day and couldn't remember all her words, so over the last couple of days I've been making a note every time I hear one and remember (sad I know!!). I've just copied what I put on the other thread and added to it:

Hello
Hiya
Bye Bye/ tata - whichever she's in the mood to say!
Der (there)
Wha dat?
Who dat?
Shoes
Cat
Tigger (our cat)
Hor (horse)
Geor (George - our horse)
Ed tiiiiii (bedtime, said in same tone of voice I use!)
Nana - Banana
Dada/daddy
Andaaaa (grandad)
Ellya (Elliott - name of child I look after)
Mamamama (mummy lol)
Uh stairs (upstairs)
Door
Ca (cow)
Ta (thank you - not sure who taught her that one! She says ta if she wants something from you or wants to give you something).
Row row (she loves row row row your boat)
Ot-ohhh
No and shakes head
Yes and nods
Tickle
Oww (when she hurts herself)
Table
There
Luch (lunch)
Duck
Wack wack (quack quack)
Brrr (at cows lol - I think it's moo!)
Wow

There are bound to be more I've forgotten or missed...

Until about 15 months she only had a handful of words, and it's only in the last month or so she's picked up more. She's been saying 'wha daat?' a lot since she was about 13 months though!!!

She understands EVERYTHING. She follows commands, she listens. She uses so much tone, expression, variation and volume in her voice and babbles and converses constantly. Although she only has the words above (and a few more I can't for the life of me think of), she gestures a lot - points and makes vocal sounds to communicate. She uses some babble that I can understand even though they may not be words. She also smacks her lips to kiss and goes 'aaaaaaahhhhh' when she wants a cuddle from anyone. She also copies sounds; for eg, we were on a steam train the other day and the whistle blew and she copied it using her vocal chords!!

chloe is 13months and can say

Oscar (her fav)
Mum/ Mama
dad/ Dada
cat
juice
no
yes
Liam
Stand
ta (as in thankyou
asda (i know its random)
hey/hiya
quack quack
row row row (for row row row your boat)
And as of today BUTTERFLY (was really shocked at this had to keep saying it to her to get her to repeat it until i beleive it)

and proberly a few more but i cant think as im so tired

Mum
Mama
Dad
Dadda
Nana
Baba
Yeah
Ta
And he growls a lot too :lol:

I'm trying to teach him words but he's having none of it!

17 months

Mama
Simba
Car
Wha/Quoi (I can't quite make it out... we are a bilingual house so I'm not sure if he means What or Quoi)

And that's it :rofl: (Simba is the dog, btw)

Mama
Dad
Dad dad (grandad)
Nanna
Bye then
Dog
Woof
Tot (our dog, Tiny tot)
Ish (shoe)

Mumma
Nanna
Duck
Dark
Fan (says pwan lol)
Car
Choochoo
Van (says pwan car)

Thats about it, he's been referred for speech therapy x

they wanted to refer my nephew to a speech thereapist but my SIL wouldnt hear of it as she thought he was ok,any way one day he just came out with long sentences!!! :haha: it was fab! he is 9 now and his speach is better than most adults now :lol: x

For anyone's who is worried, my LO didn't really say very much until he was 20 months and now I've had people tell me he's really advanced in his speech. They're all different and do things at their own speed.

I've not really got any other little person to compare my LO against but I think he's fairly easy to understand and talk to. I've lost count of the words he's able to say now.

Before 14 months Daisy didn't say anything really then her speech came on in leaps and bounds from then onwards. I started keeping a list of words she said from about 14 months and it got longer every day and I gave up after a couple of months! She is 22 months now and can say and understand pretty much everything. Her speech is advanced but her large motor skills were very slow and still are really. She can't run or jump for example.

Jessica is 16 months .. she can clearly say:

Dada
all gone (she said this from about 12 months really clearly!)
down
dirty
yak
woof woof
(shakes head to say no but doesnt actually say no)
ta

She understands loads though such as "put your toys back in your toybox" and "give that to mummy please" which she will do straight away..she also dances and jumps when you ask her too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->