Work and MS...

LotusFlwr

Reaction score
For those ladies with MS, how are you coping at work?

I started zofran a few days ago, and it's not working as I hoped. It makes me feel decent for a few hours, but then wears off.

My ms started last weekend, and it's been bad. I worked 4 days with it, but didn't get a whole lot done and had to lay my head on my desk often. :(

I'm dreading tomorrow. I keep telling myself that this won't last forever, but time just isn't moving fast enough. :sad1:

I've told my boss, and she's been nice, but as soon as she thinks or knows that my productivity level isn't where it was, I worry it's gonna be an issue. :cry:

Honestly, my MS was horrible at work and luckily my employer has been extremely understanding. I spent most of my work day in the bathroom stall. But the other day my doc started me on Zofran also. It works for a few hours, but I was told to take it three times a day and it helps. The only downfall is the migraines it gives me. But honestly, I'm at 10 weeks and 2 days today and I have gone the last two days without the Zofran and I can eat normal foods again, just in moderation. So I think my MS is subsiding. It started on my 6th week.

You could also ask your doctor about morning sickness "sea bands", ginger gum, or supositories. Everyone reacts to medicines differently. =)

Good luck!:thumbup:

i'm ttc and i'm absolutely petrified of the morning sicnkess. at which point with you ladies sickness did you go to the docs for meds? when you were actually vomitting? or can u go when the sickness feeling just gets too much? i'm an emetophobe and i literally shake in my boots thinkin that i may be that ill, it scares me into thinkin that i dont want to get pregnant when i really do!

xxxxxx

I had my first appt at 7 + 1. My MS (all day) stated at around 6 + 1. I just dealt with it for a week and my OB prescribed zofran when I told her that I was nauseous all day and vomiting about 2x/day, usually morning and evening.

This is my first pregnancy, so I didn't know what to expect. It's hard, but despite how bad I feel I know it's worth it.

I don't see why docs can't prescribe it if the nausea is really bad. But I'm not sure.

I understand the fear - MS really affects your daily functioning - they say life changes when you have a baby but it changes the second you get pregnant!

Some of the other strategies I've tried include biobands, candied ginger, preggo pop drops, gingerale, sprite, eating every one to one and a half hours. Candy and eating regularly help.

I hope my MS starts to subside around 10 weeks - that would be so great!!!

Anyway, hope you start feeling better soon! xx

Mines also pretty bad, and my boss is not understanding in the least and smokes in the office near me all day long, making the MS worse.
It makes every single day hard to deal with.
I'm going to mention it to my doctor on Tuesday and see what he suggests, I'd rather not take the drugs if I don't have to, but I dread work everyday and it's making it very difficult to enjoy my pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->