Work is draaaaaaaging. Anyone else?

TrixieLox

Reaction score
I finish work on 7 June - 3 weeks before due date - and it's making things draaaaag even more! I dread going into work, when I'm here I feel tired by the afternoon and am increasingly getting fed up with the petty office politics.

Thing is, I have a great job, work on some brilliant things with decent people. Plus I get to sit down all day if I want and they always look after me. But knowing I'm gonna be off a year from 7 June just makes it so much more painful to be stuck here 9 to 5.30 five days a week!

Anyone else feel like this?

Oh wow, yes!
I will be finishing at end of May and every day is a chore. I simply have no motivation for nay of the tasks I have to complete and just want to go home and nest, or simply sleep at my desk - and because I'm bored, I eat, and because I'm at work, I'm not moving about or getting ANY exercise. Grrrr. Someone send me home, pelase?

Oh wow, yes!
I will be finishing at end of May and every day is a chore. I simply have no motivation for nay of the tasks I have to complete and just want to go home and nest, or simply sleep at my desk - and because I'm bored, I eat, and because I'm at work, I'm not moving about or getting ANY exercise. Grrrr. Someone send me home, pelase?

Ha, I feel ya! They do this health assessment here for pregnant woman and supposedly, I have to get up and walk around every hour. I do try but ergh, just can't bring myself to all the time. People say the third trimester flashes past but not at this rate, it won't! if I were at home, it definitely would. I need to win the lottery, stat!

I have 13 working days left and it is dragging!! I'm working until just before 38 weeks, so I am pushing my luck really ha. I can't believe it's only 5 weeks until my due date, some days it drags and some days it overwhelms me. I can't wait to finish work, but then again I bet I'll start getting a little stir crazy alone at home.
Bx

I'm an office manager is a department store, stressful but by no means labour strenuous but I am soooooooo ready to finish work, my last day is may 31st and it just won't come fast enough, I am shattered all the time and I feel like a duck waddling around ha ;)

Oh indeedy!! I'm sat at my desk with no desire to be here whatso ever. 5 weeks left for me I'm finishing at 36 weeks. Can't come quick enough!! I lie in bed in the morning trying to muster up the energy to get ready and commute and be polite to people all day lol. Getting up early doesn't bother me it's the fact I have to drag myself around make myself look half decent and drive in and sit at my desk all day looking interested- no thanks!!

Same here, I finish a week Friday and I just cannot wait now.

Because I work for a company with a lot of staff and my job is one where I know a lot of people I get the same stupid questions day in day out. Its getting to the point where I think I'm starting to sound rude when I answer because I hear the same thing 7 or 8 times a day...oops!

Oh and to get away from it I used as many holidays as possible and have had every Monday booked off for the past month, its lovely :)

I'm working until I go into labour, I like that I've got something to distract me!

Girls with only a few days left: STOP IT, you're making me jealous ;-)

God, yeah, the questions and statements! Same old same:

'How are you feeling?'
'Ooooh, you're getting bigger'
'Isn't your bump small?'
'Wow, you're huge, sure you're not expecting twins?'
'When are you due again?'
'Remind me when your last day is?'
'Wow, you're really blooming, you look lovely'
'You look very tired and pale, are you alright?'
'My friend most her baby at xx weeks'
'My labour was awful'

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I know they're well-meaning and sweet to be so attentive but is like Groundhog Day every-single-day.

Then there are the people who haven't uttered a word about me being pregnant, just stare at my bump with a blank expression on their faces (to be fair, I do wonder if some have struggled to conceive themselves but then they all know I struggled for years to conceive).

Thing is, all my projects are being wound down and I'm not getting any new ones cos I leave in June. So I'm not even being kept that busy.

Wahhhhhh!

Haha some of those questions made me laugh and not because they are funny but those are the type I get too!

Work attire has been a funny subject for me, I'll alternate between my maternity trousers and one of my dresses with leggings. However when I wear a dress so many people feel the need to comment and are like wow you grew over night! Seriously?! I'm 35 weeks pregnant I can tell you now I haven't just grown over night! Or wow you look like you're carrying a beach ball under that dress...

I seriously just want to scratch my eyeballs out.

Omg last week I could of written all of these posts but I've finished now! Yay! I did however cry my eyes out on my last day...... I feel a bit scared now like I'm stepping into the unknown.....
But hang in there it does come around quicker than what you think xxx

My actual work is going fine and I'm still working productively, its just the people that are irritating me.
I get the same comments and questions everyday about my pregnancy. I wore all black today, hoping to make the bump less obvious and to avoid some of the questions!

I have 6 weeks left and its a struggle. I think because i havent complained or had days off people forget i do have a sore back, tired and 30 weeks pregnant because i am meant to do the exact same as i did before when some things just arent possible.

For example our boss work at the top floor which is 3 flights of stairs, there are 3 of us but nobody thinks that maybe they should help me from time to time rather than me having to go up and down all the time (it doesnt have to be me someone just has to take it up) But at the same time i am glad i have gotten this far without to many complaints but i do think they will realise once they become pregnant how hard it actually is!

Im working til 25/5 and my section is on 28/5 lol...

I am so over it tho... I think im gonna call it quits at the end of next week... same as most of u... have no motivation no drive and now my sickness is kinda back I feel so dreadful aswell... over it

I finish work on 7 June - 3 weeks before due date - and it's making things draaaaag even more! I dread going into work, when I'm here I feel tired by the afternoon and am increasingly getting fed up with the petty office politics.

Thing is, I have a great job, work on some brilliant things with decent people. Plus I get to sit down all day if I want and they always look after me. But knowing I'm gonna be off a year from 7 June just makes it so much more painful to be stuck here 9 to 5.30 five days a week!

Anyone else feel like this?

Yes definitely! I finish the 14th June also 3 weeks before due date and feel your pain..it can not come quick enough now!

oh yes, so much!!

I start 4 day weeks on 6th May and finish work on the 8th June, when I'm be 35 weeks (I've booked up quite a bit of annual leave to bring it forward).

I can't wait! I have a desk job so it's not strenuous, in fact I've probably got less to do than normal as my projects are winding down (and I'm mostly doing handover things) so I really am counting down the weeks. Please let them go quickly!!

lol. I am actually at work right now reading these posts, and YES I have no desire, or motivation to be productive while I am here. I have no option for leave so I will be working right up until i deliver, BOO. I am soooo over the office politics as they are growing by the day because we just went through a massive overhaul (layoff) company wide.
8 more weeks to go, and they could not come soon enough!!

Today I have had the least productive day ever, I work at home a lot so I had a nap earlier!! Was so tired :)

I also get those same questions, they mean well but my god it's tedious lol

I finish June 21st can't wait!!!!!!!

I have an article to write by end of play, but I just spent the past 2 hours googling 'what to include in hospital bag'.

Not. Motivated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->