Work is draaaaaaaging. Anyone else?

Lol I spent over an hour looking up birthing pools and birthing centres. Which then lead to be working out how to install adobe flash on my kindle hd, which then led to me watching you tube videos lol

Bring on May 31st!!

With my holidays (and bank holidays) only 24 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My work is not stenuous now by any means because I have a team who work for me who I have kindly put my business into their hands!

So now I sit in my office, & read 200 emails a day lol. Or check BNB! It's good being the boss.

I have 8 weeks to go, and only 2 of them are 5 day weeks, but it does feel like work is dragging. I think knowing that i will be out for a year has really knocked the motivation out of me.

My last day is next Tuesday. All of May is annual leave and then mat leave starts at the beginning of June.

I cannot wait to get out of there! I only work in an office but it's been crazy busy and so demanding of my slowing brain (which I think is already on leave). I'm one of the longest serving members of my team (which just means I haven't figured out how to escape yet!) and the others seems to be abusing the 'make the most of me while I'm here' message and being really lazy and trying to get me to 'help' them with anything remotely complex. By that they aren't even trying and just trying to pass it off to me.

It might just be because I am so close to my leave but I am really struggling to motivate myself to go in for these last few days. After lunch my main objective for the last few weeks has been not to fall asleep at my desk! I deserve a medal for how close I have come but fought back :haha:

I have def found this time that once I set the date time has dragged and I have been on countdown since 100 + working days :dohh:

I only have 8 days left at work (went down to 3 days per week) and if anything I am working my socks off, trying to close patients cases prior to my leaving or at least trying to ensure the bare minimum is left for my colleagues to pick up.

I sent some emails to GPs and social workers today to pester them to move quicker as I want issues dealt with before I leave and hey - I got results in most cases.
Also every time I shut a case I talk it over with patients and their families so am spending lots of time on the phone as opposed to in treatment sessions in their homes so my travel time is down and I can sit with my feet up whilst chatting with them.

I am just trying to keep my diary very busy so time flies past :)

It is my last day this Wednesday! I am so glad as am tired, sick of the commute & sick of work! Have been training my replacement this week & it is doing my head in!

I nearly fell off my chair earlier, I was in one of our other offices and one of the women shouted (and I mean shouted!) over 'hey look at you swelly belly'.

Seriously?

I have a baby, its not like I've been out for a 3 course meal and look a bit full up. Sometimes I wish I could just crawl under my desk so people keep the stupid comments away.

Yup, ditto the rest of you... SO fed up now.
I leave work on May 1st which will make me 36+2 and although there is technically only 4 working days left now until my departure, I can guarantee they will be the longest 4 days everrrrr :(

All I want to do is lie on my sofa watching Jezza and eating pizza :D and getting some 'me' time before this baby finally decides to make his appearance.

Hey Ladies,
I am off work today due to insomnia. It has been kicking my butt lately and I have the shakes, lack of concentration etc...not much fun.
From Monday I have 37 working days left. My last day is Friday 21st June. By then I will be 35 and a half weeks. I have lots of annual leave to take so I have tacked it onto the beginning of my mat leave.
I work in an office but am in charge of a furniture warehouse. Up until pregnancy I was lugging about cabinets, desks etc but not any more. Some of the guys moan that it's now messy but no one has offered to help and I'm certainly not going to put myself in harms way.
I have just moved over into the 3rd Tri posts and am finding it all a little scary. Eek!:wacko:

It's so unfair when work colleagues don't help out. I'm pretty lucky here but still turned up at an exhibition yesterday to find the things I'd requested - a chair and some water - weren't there. I just really struggle to stand up for more than an hour and always need water!

Man, do you find afternoons SO hard? I am so so tired. It's recommended you have an afternoon nap. Urm, where exactly? Under the desk? I swear the majority of these guides for pregnant women are aimed solely at those who don't work.

6 weeks tomorrow, I start maternity leave. 6 looooooong weeks... but then I get a year 'off', woop!

I'm working pretty much until I go into labor because of a financial necessity, and time is dragging. I feel like I'll fall asleep at my desk at any moment, and I really just want to get the hell out of here at all times. It's nearly impossible for me to roll out of bed in the morning, and now that my hip and pubic pain has begun every moment here drags. 4 weeks left.. and partially praying I go early even though financially it wouldn't be smart :(

I plan on working until May 25, a week before my due date! It's getting so hard to go into work every night. I work overnights in a nursing facility and it is getting to be so hard. My back is constantly aching and my feet hurt. And everyone at work keeps telling me how big I am. I just wanna snap and say "Don't you think I know?" These last few weeks seem endless and impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->