Work problems

Littlebear11

Reaction score
So today I asked to be on modified duties since my job includes lifting. But I got told they can't find anywhere to put me since they have two others on modified duties and also said that since it's not workplace they don't have to accommodate me. So I don't really know what they are going to do once I get bigger and can't bend over.. fire me? :/

I work for the NHS and have a new and expectant mother policy which lays out everyone's rights and responsibilities. Does your employer have anything like that?

I work for the NHS and have a new and expectant mother policy which lays out everyone's rights and responsibilities. Does your employer have anything like that?

I don't believe we do. Usually the girls work up in the office doing the paperwork so I don't think they have gone through having a girl pregnant down in the warehouse part

Do you have a union at all? Usually that would be the sort of thing you could take up with them. Otherwise, if you're in the UK, I wonder if calling Citizen's Advice would give you some more clarity on what your rights are? I have an office job that involves primarily sitting on my bum all day, so I don't know exactly what your rights would be, but there must be more they can do than that.

Do you have a union at all? Usually that would be the sort of thing you could take up with them. Otherwise, if you're in the UK, I wonder if calling Citizen's Advice would give you some more clarity on what your rights are? I have an office job that involves primarily sitting on my bum all day, so I don't know exactly what your rights would be, but there must be more they can do than that.

I'm in Canada. I ended up calling the labor board here to see what my rights are and they said I have the right to be on modified duties since I am more prone to accidents. So if they don't agree to that then my next step will to file a complaint against them

Um unless you are working off the books or for a drug cartel in what world does your boss think you don't have to be accomadated?! Ffs. I second the other ladies, sounds like you might have to make a call to a union rep or government rep
:(. Just make sure once you do that you're careful to not make even the tiniest mistake at work because then they can take that and blow it into a reason to let you go.

Sorry just read that you called gl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->