Working out while preggers...pooey

TTCtiffany

Reaction score
So I was moderately active when
I got pregnant, but once week 4 kicked in my energy and solid stomach checked out!!
I don't want to blow up with this one
(My second) but I really have so much going on with school, work and my 4 yr old....
I'm pooped!!!!!!
So I feel guilty, and I need to get back into it.. Anyone else struggling with this? I hate most prgnanxy workouts and like the butt bible
Which is squats lunges etc..

I wish I could, but I spotted and was told I can't right now. I was running three miles a few times a week, slower than normal of course, but now I am benched. Hate it. Even when I was tired, if I just got out and started, I always felt so much better when I was done, and my mood lifted incredibly - more than even before pregnancy. I'm hoping my next visit (Wednesday) they will lift my ban.

Due to previous losses I have been benched since my last miscarriage in June. Frustrating. I hope that I am cleared to exercise again after my 12 week scan on Friday. Personally, I am going to try to nordic ski at least 3-4 times per week and do yoga.

Thankfully we have a small home gym so I've been able to keep up on my workouts.

Can you do something active with your 4 year old so you're not taking time away them? Going for walks or to the park?

other than feeling totally drained you are 100% ok to continue on with your regular workout.

I wouldn't worry about pregnancy workouts until the pains and stretches of pregnancy start to be an issue...i say this with you being someone who alreay worksout.

I slowed during first trimester then once I gained energy back I went back at my normal routine minus heavy cardio. Squats amazing, lunges amazing!!! All great for pregnancy.

I was doing a lot of zumba before falling pregnant and I've been horribly SICK since week 5 so I haven't jumped back on the working out train. I have trouble keeping in liquids, so I don't want to lose any water that I am drinking. I am hoping once I am done puking 'round the clock I can go back to doing some light zumba on my wii and maybe pick up a preggo yoga dvd. I haven't put on any weight so far, so I'm not too concerned about packing on the pounds just yet, so I'll wait for my body to be ok with me exerting energy.

Thanks for your replys!! I'm finally in my second tri so I'm feeling a lot better my college semester is almost over so as soon as I don't have finals to worry about I'm hitting the squats and lunges!!

I got pregnant, but once week 4 kicked in my energy and solid stomach checked out!!
(My second) but I really have so much going on with school, work and my 4 yr old....
I'm pooped!!!!!!
So I feel guilty, and I need to get back into it.. Anyone else struggling with this? I hate most prgnanxy workouts and like the butt bible

I lift weights and am going to speak with my obgyn tomorrow about this. I have a very extensive routine and lift pretty heavy. While I know that we can continue doing what we always have done for the most part, I can't imgagine my obgyn being ok with me continuing all of it. as a lifter it's going to be hard to let go of striiving to make gains and lift heavier! lol

I'm pooped!!!!!!

I lift weights and am going to speak with my obgyn tomorrow about this. I have a very extensive routine and lift pretty heavy. While I know that we can continue doing what we always have done for the most part, I can't imgagine my obgyn being ok with me continuing all of it. as a lifter it's going to be hard to let go of striiving to make gains and lift heavier! lol

I soooo know what you mean here! I'm a lifter too, I'm a trainer actually and I work with pregnant clients... But I do different things with them than myself, I'm quite strong like you and have been training for a long time! I'm also not sure exactly how much I can safely do, they say you can do whatever as long as you're used to it, but presumably there's a limit for heavy lifting? Mind you, there was that very pregnant woman who caused a bit of uproar after posting photos online of her back squatting something heavy! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->