Working til the end - support thread!

labgal

Reaction score
Kill me now :winkwink: 36 weeks, in all my random contracting, still on my feet most of the time, pissy glory! Help me if I go overdue!

Other ladies out there planning on working until the big day? Is it sucking as much for you as it is for me?

I know, it's pointless... but why not complain a bit? :blush:

Yes, in a way. I'm working til 37+4 as I'm a teacher and will be off from Dec 19-Jan 5th for Christmas holiday. I'm 36 weeks today and I was having horrible bh and cramps. Couldn't sleep the last three nights due to being so uncomfortable but all of a sudden today I woke up after three hours sleep ready for an exhausting day at work but I had so much energy!! I have no idea where it came from! I'm still up and can't sleep! Not a single pain today until now and I have a slight backache, but its up higher in back than normal?)
don't know how I went from feeling horrible to feeling great but I hope it means something is up (nesting maybe) would love for lo to come on her own around 37+5-38 weeks

Me! I'm working full time and just finished winter semester of school tonight.. I'm working up until the end - which will be December 19th (induction the 21st) if I don't have the baby before then! Today's appt I was 2cm & 60% effaced so I'm hoping it won't be long! Now that school is done for the semester, I don't care when I go!

I don't stand on my feet all day at work, I sit all day, which is killer on my back and torso.. So while I don't share your exact pains, I feel the pains lol

Good luck to both of us!

Ug. I'm only 31 weeks, but I'm working up until the end, too, as far as I know. Let's hope I go into labor while at home rather than at work! So paranoid that my water will break or something while I'm at work.

An hour drive to work, an hour drive home, and sitting all day at a computer. I'm grateful that I don't have to be on my feet all day, but sitting has it's own "rewards."

Solidarity, sisters!

I'm with you all. 30+6 here and working till the end. I'm a childminder and have 4 under 5s daily plus 3 school runs to do, a total of 9 children per day, start at 7.30am and finish at 7pm. It's a killer. Worst part lately is all the bending/lifting. My back died on my yesterday, really noticing the difference now that my belly is starting to bulge!

my goal is to work up to 36-37 weeks, I'm a maid in large hotel , it's awful making beds and picking things up, lifting, etc already!

Awwe, I feel for you ladies... I am in somewhat the same boat. I basically have been working full-time, however I do get to choose when I work. I am a substitute teacher, mostly for elementary, which means no breaks and constantly being on my feet. My husband , of course prefers I work all that I can. I actually have a day off today... which means, cleaning, laundry, dishes, vacuuming, mopping, etc etc... yeah, what a day off. Anyway, I will have the Christmas holidays off, I can't decide if I want to go back at 38 weeks... I don't, but $$$ is helpful...:wacko: good luck ladies! It will end....

. Let's hope I go into labor while at home rather than at work! So paranoid that my water will break or something while I'm at work.

Solidarity, sisters!

I'm so with you! I teach little 1st graders. I have 8 work/school days left before Christmas break. I am so scared that my water will break at school in the classroom!! Don't really know why I'm worried as my water has never broke before labor started but this entire pregnancy has been different!

So glad someone started this thread. I could really use some support right now. I'm 36w and going up and down emotionally and physically. Some days i wake up and feel great and others are just horrible. I am at work on lunch right now. Today is a horricle day but i gotta hide it from the kiddos. I am trying but I am hurting! High pains in my sides of bump, back ache, and all over just hurting/aching pains. I just want to cry and sleep but sleep is so hard to get now days. I am having mild irregular contractions that don't help my emotional and physical roller coaster either. :( just need to vent i guess. only 7 more days to go til Christmas Break!!

You ladies that are stuck sitting all day - I honestly don't know what is worse, standing or sitting! DH and I have gone to the movies a couple times in the past few weeks, and I feel like I am going to die sitting for hours, so I imagine it must be pretty bad to be stuck in a chair!

Em, it's so hard to try to keep upbeat when you just feel like ass constantly. I get that overwhelmed, I just want to cry because I can't deal with it feeling. Then people ask how I'm doing... they really just want you to say you are great, they don't want to hear that it sucks and you're anxious.

Re the water breaking at work ... it's a big fear of mine, too. I actually had to go in to an emergency appointment yesterday because it seemed like my water had broken, or at least when I called with symps they wanted to check and make sure. No breaking, my plug starting to come away apparently, though. They said LO is engaged and I'm pretty well effaced but no "significant" dilation yet, just like 1 cm. Then they say he could come tomorrow, or in three weeks. Sigh. I feel like I just want to be home all the time because I don't want to deal with something happening at work.

Hugs, girls! I'm totally with you on feeling overwhelmed. Today is a hard day for me, too. I did NOT want to wake up and get out of bed this morning, and now that I'm at work lying under my desk and crying sounds like a great idea... if only I had a blanket to curl up with.

And you are SO right; I hate it when people ask me how I'm doing. "I feel exhausted, the baby kicks have gone from cute to uncomfortable and painful, and I just want to curl up in bed at home but can't even do that because I have a toddler that demands all of my attention when I get home. How about you?" aka "Doing fine. Only two more months!"

Ug.

I have 7 more days of work including today.. I'm seriously not sure if I'm going to make it!! Between not sleeping, hormones, and people constantly commenting on me 'still being here' and asking me how much longer.. I might lose my mind!

Hope everyone else is coping better than I am - I'm having a pity party day for myself today :(

I have 7 more days of work including today.. I'm seriously not sure if I'm going to make it!! Between not sleeping, hormones, and people constantly commenting on me 'still being here' and asking me how much longer.. I might lose my mind!

Hope everyone else is coping better than I am - I'm having a pity party day for myself today :(

Just keep in mind that you are almost there! I know how hard it is to do that, though.

I get Christmas to New Years off, so I still have a week and some days yet. But then I have to come back for a month after that. :cry:

Same here. even down to the 7 days (including today!) don't know if i will make it every day I wake up thinking i could just take a sick day but i don't because every day i take now takes away from my time with my little girl!

and everyone at work is super nice but even they are trying to find way to induce my labor!! And i get "how you feeling?" "didnt expect to see you here tofay!" "you not had here yet?" and im only 36 weeks!!

So jealous of you ladies with only a week or so left! I know it's horrible, but you can make it! :hugs:

Today it feels like I tore my uterus :-( I am on reduced duty now, but I feel a lot of pressure to try to keep up. Any tips on letting that go? No one is looking down on me or anything, but I feel that way.

Me too! I'll be working right up till it happens... my hubby doesn't work, so its just me bringing home the bacon. My only issue is I commute on a train for an hour to get to work and then take a bus to the office. :D Luckily, my company is letting me work from home 4 days a week right now. So, I only have to make the trek down there once a week.

The other problem I have is my feet swell up when I make the commute. When I'm home, they are perfectly fine in day to day life. We can't seem to figure out why... but being able to stay home a lot is good.

I imagine when I get closer to my due date, I will be working from home every day because God forbid I go into labor on a train or 50 miles from my doctors. I know I'm very lucky though, most people don't have the luxury of working from home.

Last day of work tomorrow! Hallelujah! I'm hoping to only work a half day!
Induction on Sunday! Good luck to everyone on surviving work!

Emswife- congrats and GL on induction.
tomorrow is my last day too and I do only work half day! Can't wait! Also have a Christmas party for my class tomorrow so it will be a fun last day!

Thank you!
Yay! Hope your last day goes well!
My contractions have picked up in intensity since I got home and took a warm bath... So maybe things will get going tonight and I won't need my induction :) not getting my hopes up but a girl can dream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->