working with young children while TTC

callmedan

Reaction score
Hi, im going to be moving over here from a long wait in WTTC this week :happydance:

just wanted to see if anyone has any advice they can offer, i work in a primary school as a one to one worker with a little boy, im going to be in year one this year (age 5-6) but i have a few worries
- when i am early pregnant children running in to/sitting on my stomach
- im a bit of a germophobe and kids arent exactly the cleanest creatures! we also have quite a bad cat poo problem at my school kids constantly walking in it, bringing it in to the classroom i know this can be quite dangerous

thats all i can think of for now but has anyone been in a similar position and can offer any advice?
thanks
:flower:

Hi there, when I was pregnant with my son I worked in early years with children with special needs, some of whom needed physical support and others who displayed violent behaviours. I looked a lot into it and early on the risks to baby from minor injury to the stomach are minimal, but I did tell my superiors early on (8 weeks) and they were fab about making sure I was safe and comfortable with everything. I 'tagged' another member of staff if I felt uncomfortable with the physical demands at any time but TBH once they knew I was pregnant someone usually took over before I had to ask.

As for the cat poo, it's true that toxoplasmosis is a risk to unborn babies, but if you have had cats yourself it's likely that you're immune. Just try to avoid touching it, use gloves and wash your hands well.

thank you AngelOfTroy that is a very helpful response :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"