Worried about a cervical/uterine prolapse

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
I know I know I’m just a big worry wart but I think I have good reason!

I did worry that my cervix was a lot lower than it was before I had my first son. Had an exam and they didn’t seem to think so. I can easily touch my cervix, it can vary and go further up sometimes.

I have felt like I’ve generally had more pressure down there before this second pregnancy. Noticeable by how I need to wee but don’t feel like I’ve emptied my bladder fully but by standing up again and moving it must adjust things down there and I’m able to finish a wee.

Today I feel particularly heavy in my lower abdomen/vagina. I feel like I have a huge ball up there. I know that can be a sign of it being a possibility of me getting a prolapse. I’m scared as baby gets bigger that it could happen.

I’m going to try and do my pelvic floor excercises regiliously but I don’t feel like they’re doing much. Maybe I’m not actually doing the squeezes hard enough but I feel like I’m doing it as hard as I can and holding for as long as I can.

Is there any other general fitness for lower abdomen or an alternative to pelvic floor exercises?

I feel like this is also the reason my cervix is pointing backwards for this second pregnancy... because all the muscles down there are so weak? I didn’t have a tilted uterus before.

Any advice welcome. I’m working myself up that 1. What will happen to baby if I do have some sort of prolapse. 2. Worried about bladder control during the rest of my pregnancy as well as after. 3. I know that the things they do to try and ‘fix’ a prolapsed cervix is not very good or reliable. It doesn’t always help or fix the issue at all.

I feel like an absolute serial poster on here but I worry!

I’m going to try and contact the midwife/doctor in the week and I’m going to look up how many minutes of pelvic floor I should do a day and try my very best to stick to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->