Worried about after labour 2nd time round

lov3hat3

Mummy to lil J, Preggo #2
Reaction score
First time I was completely oblivious to it all. My mum went on about how horrific giving birth was and the pain bla bla and I just ignored it was like whatever. No one told me about after the birth, though. Which is something i'm very worried about this time. I couldn't physically pee after birth, they said that it happens a lot where you just don't feel the need to go and you cant go even though you have a full bladder. So they had to empty it with a catheter for first day and even after that I couldn't go. I even had some bitchy midwife sit in the toilet with me waiting for me to go, and kept upsetting me telling me I was gonna have to stay in 7 days if I didn't go then like I was not going on purpose. Then I had to have a 24hr catheter so had to stay in longer. Has anyone had this after birth? is it likely to happen again? it caused me a lot of problems after I left hospital. Because with the catheter I couldn't really move around a lot because it pulled quite bad, I was bleeding quite bad and had stitches from when I gave birth. So I left hospital with a nice infection and ripped stitches :thumbup: could barley walk and nearly had to go back to hospital because the infection was so bad. After a week with a lot of pain killers and antibiotics I felt normal again. Im just sooo worried about it happening again, id take giving birth over it any day! :haha:

Sorry you went through that, I had no trouble peeing I just leant forward to help the flow.
Popping on the other hand was extremely painful for me for a few weeks after I was actually scared to poo lol
Hope you don't have to go through that again :hugs:

I had to have a catheter as well for a whole week after birth because the first time I peed, it was so much, had been holding it in. It was not so bad having a catheter. It did not cause any problem with healing or anything so it is not always as bad as you had it.

Sorry you went through that.
With my first son, I had some pretty awful trauma down below, I ended up with a catheter too. Thankfully, with my second birth. Everything was totally different. I went for a wee within a few hours of birth. If you explain your worries to the mw, they should hopefully reassure you a little xx

:hugs:. I had surgery after having DS and had a spinal and catheter. When they took it out it took me a couple of days to be able to control peeing- I'd sit on the toilet and do a wee but wouldn't be able to feel it, very strange sensation! I was told that that's quite normal after having an epidural or spinal. With my 2nd I just had a straight forward delivery and had no problems peeing afterwards :).

This could have been written by me! I had a catheter for a week but still couldnt go. Had to learn to self cath. Fortunately only for another week and then things started working again. Absolutely dreading doing it all again.

I'm hoping its a lot different this time, and hope I get to go home earlier as I HATED staying in hospital and wasn't treated the nicest in my opinion. So its good to know other peoples experiences :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->