worried about Ali :-(

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Christine33, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Christine33

Christine33 Well-Known Member

morning all!
    little ali had his first set of vaccinations on Wednesday...on Wednesday he seemed fine, took his bottle and slept a lot. howevever, yesterday and today he is hardly eating and has been sick a couple of times (ali isn't a sickly baby, i can count on one hand how many times he has been sick since he has been born):cry:. he is also really weepy.

i am really worried about him as he was a low birth weight baby and i am desperate for him to continue gaining weight.

is loss of appetite common? will it pick up soon? i have tried phoning my HV but she is out all all day....

:hug: :hug:

Christine
    XXXX

2. sam's mum

sam's mum mum of two gorgeous boys

Not sure if loss of appetite is common after jabs but if babies are feeling unwell they can go off their milk a bit.
    If you're worried I'd call nhs direct (0845 4647) for advice. Have you taken his temperature?

Hope he's ok :hugs: x

3. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

It is common yes. If you're worried I would suggest the same as Sam's mum!

4. Ames

Ames Mummy of 3 little men

sounds pretty normal.. give him some calpol and some extra cuddles!! If you get worried that his feeds aren't going in/staying down over a full day then call your gp. They will probably advise that hes kept hydrated and that he's not running a temp.
    Try not to worry :)

Hope he feels better soon. :hug:

5. isil

isil Well-Known Member

he's done really good gaining so far though! He might just been slowing down a bit. As others have said though, it's far better to put your mind at rest. You know best.

6. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

hope u can get some advice soon and he feels better soon, sending lots of :hugs:
    if you get no joy with nhs direct, could u call your gp? :hug: