Worried about baby temperature at night

hopingtobemum

Reaction score
Hi there.
My baby daughter is 7 weeks old tomorrow and I am constantly worried about whether my baby is too hot or cold at night.
At the moment she wears a long sleeve vest and baby gro and then we put 2 thinnish cellular blankets on her tucked right in under the mattress. Do you think this sounds like a lot. I have taken her temperature like this and it seems ok. It's hard to keep the room cool enough when we are in there too. I don't have the heating on over night unless it is extremely cold.

So what do you put your baby to bed in?
Thanks x

Our room is about 17-18 Celsius over night. My LO sleeps in a babygro/onsie and a light blanket. Having said that though my LO is naturally very warm and over heats easy. Guidelines would state with my room temp that he also has a vest and a sleepbag/grobag on but he would sweat like mad in all that.

Check your LOs tummy during the night, if it's nice and warm then LO is fine, hot or cold then you can adjust layers accordingly :)

Hi there,

My little man currently sleeps in a vest, sleep suit and a 2.5tog sleeping bag and sometimes he feels a bit chilly. When he was little it was summer so he often only had one blanket over his pyjamas so two sounds ok specially as it is so cold atm! Have you thought about sleeping bags? Removes all the worry of them pulling blankets; I was very unsure at first but my friend used then from birth and now I would never use anything else x

Hadleigh is 10 weeks old and wears pjs like this:

https://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/VJPayne/f1c925843968282e62221d90cbc53fb0.jpg

She sleeps with me and uses a sheet and light blanket. If it is a warm night I take her pants off and she just wears the top. I keep her in long sleeves because I only pull the blanket up to her waist. I don't use the heat at night and we sometimes use the AC (we're in Texas).

My lo had a long sleeve vest, baby gro and a 2.5 tog sleeping bag, my room is around 16/18 celsius.

My 10 day old is using (and LOVES) the Halo sleepsack swaddlers. He has a cotton one that I use on warmer nights, and a fleece I use when it's colder. I just put him straight in them with a diaper on...no clothes. He always seems to be a good temp when he wakes up to feed.

My LO wears a long sleeved vest, sleep suit or pyjamas and then a 2.5 tog sleeping bag, without the sleeping bag I don't know what we would do she always has kicked her way out of blankets and would wake up all the time feeling chilly so she has been in a sleeping bag since 3 weeks old! I don't use a thermometer so not sure of the room temp but she always feels nice and warm

Depending on what they're wearing and the temp outside (I only rarely turn the heat on because I'm cheap!) -

Usually they wear either cotton or fleece sleepsuits. If they wear fleece, I use fewer or thinner blankets. If they're in cotton, I use thicker blankets. I just follow my instincts. If they're cold, they'll cry and let me know (this has never happened, except when I dressed them in short sleeved onesies) and if they're too hot, the back of their neck where their hair meets their collar gets sweaty.

Right now, it's not too cold out and they're wearing fleece, so they only have a thin cotton blanket over them. :thumbup:

LO has a onesie and zip up or button up feetie cotton or fleece jammies on. We cosleep, so even with a light sheet or blanket, he usually sweats. With a onesie alone I'm afraid he's too cold :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->