worried about baby

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
its been 4 weeks since my 20 week scan. I worried for a few days then thought I was being silly, but now I have another 4 weeks till my next scan and i'm starting to worry again.
The only part of him that was on track was his tummy. everything else was a few days behind other then his femur which was almost 2 weeks behind. it was measuring at 28.8mm
I have spoken to my midwife about it and she has tried to get me a scan before 28 weeks as shes concerned but no else seems to be. shes put in a complaint into the consultant but still hasn't heard anything.
The fact that she's concerned just adds more worry to it.
I've had a previous IUGR baby, ended up being induced at 36+4 weeks with him because of my placenta starting to fail and the baby had stopped growing. but he wasn't like that at 20 weeks, he was a little behind but only a few days.
I'm so worried that I am going to go to my 28 week scan and my consultant tell me that they have to do another scan the following rather then waiting till i'm 32 weeks and then say chances are we'll have to get him out earlier then planned.
sorry for such a long post. i'm probably worrying over nothing.

I would have thought if the baby's measurements were off they would have done something :shrug: did your mW say why she was concerned x do you have a consultant ? I wish I could be some comfort but I am a bit useless so I will send you hugs instead of advice xxx :hugs:

because of how far behind his legs are compared to the rest of his body, and because of having a previous iugr baby.
yea i'm under consultant care as well as midwife. I see my consultant on the 26th.

Steph can u not ring the hospital and ask to speak to ur consultant or ask for an appointment with him ? I think it is a joke the way they are treating you measuring two weeks behind is a lot it's not just a few days with ur history you you think they would be wanting to keep a close eye on you x

I see! I always thought as long as they were on the chart it was OK? ! I agree, with your history I would have expected you to have been contacted by your consultant to talk about the results! That is what they are for. I agree with pp call them up and demand to know what is going on!

My 20 week scan is behind for everything. Also femur lentgh is 29.1 which is 2 weeks behind.
I see my consultant on the 19th of this month so will be asking her then. I was told it's not much of a worry by the scan lady but I'm used to big baby's so it's all different x

Steph can u not ring the hospital and ask to speak to ur consultant or ask for an appointment with him ? I think it is a joke the way they are treating you measuring two weeks behind is a lot it's not just a few days with ur history you you think they would be wanting to keep a close eye on you x

I never thought of ringing up myself, to be honest if they aren't going to listen to my midwife they not going to listen to me, they don't like doing growth scans before 28 weeks. something to do with giving the baby enough time to grow. they are keeping a closer eye on me this time compared to what they did with kyle. with kyle I had to push to get a growth scan and even then didn't get one till 32 weeks. x

I see! I always thought as long as they were on the chart it was OK? ! I agree, with your history I would have expected you to have been contacted by your consultant to talk about the results! That is what they are for. I agree with pp call them up and demand to know what is going on!

his legs are just touching the bottom of it

Attachments

• plot.jpg
    plot.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 31
These are my sons scan measurements.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 22
Obviously I think your previous issues would warrant further investigation however, the femur length is at the bottom of the average range for gestation ie its still in a normal range. If it was well below that then I may be more concerned but otherwise it's still in normal range. My last baby's femur length was always quite low and he was born with long legs. These scans are not perfect at all so I would try not to worry to much but perhaps push for a futher scan if you are going crazy x

might be worth mentioning.

I see my consultant on the 26th, same day as my 28 week scan. so hoping baby won't have come off the chart

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->