Worried about c section scar

AlwaysDreamin

Reaction score
Hi ladies.
Recently I've been worrying about my c section scar as my pregnancy progresses.
I had a section in my last pregnancy at 26 weeks.
At my booking appointment, my midwife said that the problem I have now is that, as my uterus wasn't fully expanded at time of delivery, my scar isn't technically by my bikini line, it's more straight through the middle.
She said if I ever get any severe pain around my scar or uterus then to immediately go to the hospital.... I was so freaked out by her saying this that I forgot to ask why! Do I have more chance of it rupturing?

I'm high risk again so I have an appointment with the consultant in a week or so, so I guess I'll find out more then...

I've definitely been having more cramps during early pregnancy than I did last time... Could this be down to the scar tissue stretching?

I know no-one can give me the answer but I just wondered if anyone had been in a similar position and how did subsequent pregnancies affect your scar?

I've never heard for that? I'm going on my third csection and I think the risks are higher the more you have etc. don't think it makes a difference how early you've had csections but then again I'm no expert...

If anything your scar should have healed easier and quicker than on a fully expanded uterus. I shared my concerns about uterine scar rupture with my Mw as I wish to go vbac. She said its so rare like a 1% chance. I wouldn't worry. What an added stress to you as if you need that x

I had thought of that before, but even after a full term baby, your next baby could be loads bigger and make you expand far more and I've never heard of it being a problem xxx

I had an EMCS with DD at 31 weeks so I was nowhere near term-sized belly. When I got PG with DS 9 months later, I did indeed have scar issues but they were minor.

Starting at around 16 weeks when my belly started to grow, my scar began to tear and bleed externally in a few places. My OB said there was nothing to worry about but that it was a messy, lumpy scar and was not dealing with my stomach stretching very well, and was also getting irritated from pant bands. Some mupirocin and I was fine.

As far as the internal scar, that held up really well, even after going into mild PTL twice. DS was 95th percentile weight, and I had polyhydramnios so my stomach was very distended at the time. The only time my OB ever mentioned danger associated with the uterine scar was because of the PTL. I was contracting daily from 34 weeks until 38 weeks. She finally said, at 38+1, that contracting on a C-section scar for 4 weeks was just too dangerous and she delivered DS. When she went in, I asked her how thin my uterus was and she said it actually looked just fine and that the scar had held up.

If your scar is "in the middle of the uterus," I suspect your midwife's concern is that strong contractions could lead to rupture. There is a risk of rupture for women who have vertical scars, so that's what I'm basing my assumption on. She may be insinuating that you might need to get another C-section rather than trying for a VBAC? Just a guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->