Worried about cramps. 2 weeks pregnant

thinkpink24

Reaction score
I just found out i am pregnant. The digital clear blue actually said 1-2 weeks. I am really worried about these cramps I am getting. I would say they are pretty constant. They remind me of menstrual cramps, if i didn't know i was pregnant i would feel like i was coming on my period for sure. I had them for about 2/3 days before i found out i was pregnant, but now i would say they have become more consistent, and also feel like a twinge here and there. Has anyone else experienced this? Being my first ever pregnancy i am so worried

This is very common and normal so don't worry. You would be very reassured by searching some existing threads on this forum about this. There are dozens of ladies who have had the same concern who posted threads and it's nice to follow them to see that everything turned out great for them.

I had them. Don't get very many now, I'm 9 weeks tomorrow. Don't panic at all. By the way your pregnancy is measured from the date of your last period so you will be more than 2 weeks x

I have the same thing going on. I'm definitely under 4 weeks pregnant. The cramps were so unbearable I went to the ER last Thursday, that's how I found out I was pregnant. I go tomorrow for a follow up with my OB. I was super worried too but from what I've read it's pretty normal. Just make an appt with your OB if it'll help put your mind at ease.

Thanks! That gives me some piece of mind. My appt isn't until Dec 27 for my first visit with the OBGYN. What did the ER do for you? If it carries on i may have to go.

I had them with my first and have had them so far with my second (they were actually what tipped me off that I was pregnant again!). Totally normal. They can be scary but a lot of people have them so your not alone!

The ER just did an ultrasound but they didn't really say much. They gave me meds that completely got rid of the pain, I had them pretty bad and still do. I actually went to my OB today, my appt was tomorrow but i couldnt wait. He told me its too early too tell what's going on but they're normal and can be intense. As long as there's no bleeding and nothing abnormal showed on the ultrasound. Just a little sac! If you're not at ease just call your doctor. I didn't have any cramping with my first preganct, I didn't even know that I was until 13 weeks! So this was quite scary to me at first too.

The ER just did an ultrasound but they didn't really say much. They gave me meds that completely got rid of the pain, I had them pretty bad and still do. I actually went to my OB today, my appt was tomorrow but i couldnt wait. He told me its too early too tell what's going on but they're normal and can be intense. As long as there's no bleeding and nothing abnormal showed on the ultrasound. Just a little sac! If you're not at ease just call your doctor. I didn't have any cramping with my first preganct, I didn't even know that I was until 13 weeks! So this was quite scary to me at first too.

So i just got back from the ER, and they did an ultra sound, but there is nothing there. Said it could be too early, or could be an ectopic, and said if i have any bleeding to come back. They also took my blood and want me to go back in 2 days to test my blood again. The doctor told me to try and relax and stop worrying, but on the radiology report, it says for blood 2+ as the result, and says this is abnormal, it also says in the findings cysts in right ovary, likely benign follicles or corpus luteal cysts. Does anyone have any idea what the blood results and cyst thing means? I was so worried that that i just couldn't wait to leave, and they never told me about any findings to be concerned about, so not sure what to think

benign follicles - Around the midpoint of your menstrual cycle, an egg bursts out of its follicle and begins its journey down the fallopian tube in search of sperm and fertilization. A follicular cyst begins when something goes wrong and the follicle doesn't rupture or release its egg. Instead it grows and turns into a cyst.

corpus luteal cysts - When a follicle does release its egg, the ruptured follicle begins producing large quantities of estrogen and progesterone in preparation for conception. This changed follicle is now called the corpus luteum. Sometimes, however, the escape opening of the egg seals off and fluid accumulates inside the follicle, causing the corpus luteum to expand into a cyst.

Hope that helps on the medical terms. :hugs:

Thank you! Are they anything to be concerned about?

What I know about them is they can go away on their own (they typically do) and they can also burst which if that happens your typically in a lot of pain but it will go away. I know a lot of people who get them including my sister but I don't know a lot about them. My sister had had a few burst on her but she has other health issues. They usually give her pain meds when they bursts. They always check to be sure thats what it is.

My sister in law had two when she was pregnant with her first. They went away on their own. They checked them at ultrasounds but they never scheduled any extra appointments. They just kept an eye on it. I know its a common thing, I played Dr. Google and found a bunch of articles on it.

I had cramps yesterday, but none today. Anyone else have them quite present one day, but feel nothing the next day?

So i just got back from the ER, and they did an ultra sound, but there is nothing there. Said it could be too early, or could be an ectopic, and said if i have any bleeding to come back. They also took my blood and want me to go back in 2 days to test my blood again. The doctor told me to try and relax and stop worrying, but on the radiology report, it says for blood 2+ as the result, and says this is abnormal, it also says in the findings cysts in right ovary, likely benign follicles or corpus luteal cysts. Does anyone have any idea what the blood results and cyst thing means? I was so worried that that i just couldn't wait to leave, and they never told me about any findings to be concerned about, so not sure what to think

I've had cysts in the past, not sure what type. They hurt like heck and eventually burst and that was that. That's what I thought was going on when I went to the ER last week.

I'm not sure what the blood test 2+ means. Did they test your HCG levels?

I had cramps yesterday, but none today. Anyone else have them quite present one day, but feel nothing the next day?

Yes! They're pretty present all the time now. Depends on the day I guess. However, every night since last Monday I would wake up like clockwork at 2-3am with them just killing me an last night was the first night I didn't! So today, well so far, they're pretty mild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->