Worried about ectopic - could use stories from those who have been there

MillieJoan

WTT for #2 late 2013 :-)
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 4+3 today, and I'm pretty positive that whether this is an ectopic pregnancy or not, it isn't one that's going to continue healthily. My pregnancy tests never got very dark, and I've had two HCG draws which only showed a 35% rise over 3 days. I also had a tiny bit of pink spotting yesterday that turned to brown, stringy discharge, which stopped this afternoon.

I haven't had a lot of pain or anything, except the usual pregnancy cramping. I have had some pressure around my right ovary, but I often get this during pregnancy. Does this sound like a possible ectopic? (I am going to call my doctor tomorrow, btw, but just looking for stories in the meantime because I'm going a little crazy).

No advice but I just wanted to say I hope everything is ok:hugs:

Hi,

I'm 4+3 today, and I'm pretty positive that whether this is an ectopic pregnancy or not, it isn't one that's going to continue healthily. My pregnancy tests never got very dark, and I've had two HCG draws which only showed a 35% rise over 3 days. I also had a tiny bit of pink spotting yesterday that turned to brown, stringy discharge, which stopped this afternoon.

I haven't had a lot of pain or anything, except the usual pregnancy cramping. I have had some pressure around my right ovary, but I often get this during pregnancy. Does this sound like a possible ectopic? (I am going to call my doctor tomorrow, btw, but just looking for stories in the meantime because I'm going a little crazy).

I have had an etopic pragnancy and painless is what it is NOT. It was a pain so bad it woke me out of my sleep and put me in the fetal position. I tested negitive on all hcg test. I actuall didnt even know I was PREGNANT untill the pain got so bbad I was rushed to the hospital. And when they drew blood he discovered my hormone levels were elevated but not by much. I got sent home and told to come back in 2 day in which the levels should have raised. Well they did but by very little so a ultrasound was performed. No evidence of a baby was there so they called it etopic. I was givin medication to save my fallopian tubes because I have no children yet. I hope this helps even tho it seems like all bad things......pray its not an etopic!!!

I have had an etopic pragnancy and painless is what it is NOT. It was a pain so bad it woke me out of my sleep and put me in the fetal position. I tested negitive on all hcg test. I actuall didnt even know I was PREGNANT untill the pain got so bbad I was rushed to the hospital. And when they drew blood he discovered my hormone levels were elevated but not by much. I got sent home and told to come back in 2 day in which the levels should have raised. Well they did but by very little so a ultrasound was performed. No evidence of a baby was there so they called it etopic. I was givin medication to save my fallopian tubes because I have no children yet. I hope this helps even tho it seems like all bad things......pray its not an etopic!!!

How "far" along were you when the pain started?

I have had an ectopic pregnancy. My period was late and I took a hpt, which was negative. I then started to bleed, heavier than spotting and consistent in heaviness. The blood was watery and dark...similar to the prune juice description often given. I assumed it was my period and was strange because I'd been on the mini pill for a while, but it carried on for 4 weeks. I did have niggles on my right hand side but didn't pay any attention to it. After 4 weeks I did another hpt and it was positive. The very same day the pains in my side became unbearable and I also developed shoulder tip and rib pain. I collapsed and was rushed to hospital, where I was given an emergency ultrasound and then rushed into theatre for surgery. My right fallopian tube had ruptured at approx 8 weeks gestation and I had massive internal bleeding. What remained of my tube was removed and my ovary was sewn shut.

I had definite symptoms from early on but because I was on the pill I ignored them. The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust is a useful website for anyone who may be worried they are having an ectopic pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"