Worried about ectopic pregnancy

TheDream

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not sure if I am starting this thread in the right place, please correct me if not.

Me and DH are waiting to TTC until we move to somewhere bigger as we only have a one bed, we haven't found a place yet, so no idea how long it could take. I was on the pill and came off to prepare for TTC as i've heard it may take a while. We've been using condoms since i came off until the time is right. We recently had an accident,condom failed, can't remember the exact date but i took levonelle (morning after pill) the following day. I was told my period may be early or late. I have had the morning after pill before, but quite a few years ago, around 6 years ago. When i took it then, i had no side effects, period was on time, no problems. This time round my period arrived a week and a half late and was lighter than normal. I tested twice within that time both negative. So i wasn't worried when it arrived, i just thought it must be late because of the pill. However two days into my period i began to feel sick which is really unusual for me and was actually sick for a couple days (even stranger for me). My period lasted 4 days, Friday being the last day. Last night i had sharp pain in my lower abdomen, and today its achy, feels a bit like i do before AF. I did not experience any pain or any warning signs like i usually do before the 4 day bleed, and it seemed different than usual. It was watery and non AF like. I have also had sharp chest pains on and off since Tuesday, I was most worried on Tuesday as the pain was spreading to my neck, shoulder and arm and lasted almost all night but has now disappeared.

Now i'm worried these may be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy. I was told the morning after pill can increase the chances of one. Not sure if I should go to doctors or not? I'm wondering if i'm just overreacting.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

I think you should contact your doctor. Hope.youre ok!! Xx

Thank you, I think I should too. I just hate the thought of wasting their time and was worried I may just be overacting.

Your health is never a waste of time. Go see your Dr. hun.

I agree, go in to your doctor. I had an ectopic a few years ago, and it's better to be safe than sorry. I REALLY did not want to go in to the ER (it was the weekend, so my Dr's office was closed, and we were also supposed to go to a close friend's funeral that day). I didn't want to look silly if it turned out to be nothing. Well, thankfully I was talked into going because it WAS something.

I really hope everything goes well for you!

Better safe than sorry. Go to your doctor or the ER.

Sorry to hear of your EP cupcakemomma. I have an appointment later on today with GP. I was unsure whether to make one or not, but DH told me I had to go. I really hope they can help and aren't wondering 'why are you here?' as I have no actual pain just AF like pain.

Been to the GP, wasn't very helpful, I expressed my concerns and was told there is nothing to worry to about and should just take paracetamol for my chest pains. I hope the GP is right and I can just put it to the back of my mind. I can't help but think something is not right though, I'm having AF like pains at the moment and my breasts have been very sore for the last couple of days. I just wish I knew what was going on.

even an ectopic would produce a positive test! if the sickness is due to pregnancy, there would be a good amount of the pregnancy hormone in your system, so if you've had definite negatives, I'd believe them!

I had an ectopic pregnancy at approx 6 weeks, 1 week after a positive PT. It started with light bleeding and similar to a period and the worst cramping I have ever experienced. I thought it was an MC at first, by the time I got to the hospital I was minutes away from death. If you think you may be pregnant, and you experience bleeding with cramping, its always a good idea to get checked out. Best of wishes :)

I've had an ectopic as well. I did get positive tests but had slow rising hcg. I also had lots of watery brown bleeding (like prune juice).

I wonder if your symptoms are just a side effect of the morning after pill messing around with your hormones. If youre still worried, ask your Dr for a blood test.

Thanks for all your replies, I think it's most probably the MAP messing me around. I am going to take a test today just to be sure as I haven't taken one since AF was due. I really hope it's negative and I can just move on and put it down to the MAP. Thanks ladies x

I've had 2 ectopics and had positive pregnancy tests both times.

Do a test, if its positive get yourself to a doctor.

It's a BFN, at least now I can relax. Maybe the symptoms I am experiencing (tender breasts, AF like pains) are actually ovulation symptoms. I am so used to being on the contraceptive pill I just don't remember ovulating and what it's like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->