worried about folic acid

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi ladies I've been taking boots pregnancy support which I thought contained 400mg of folic acid but looking closer just now I've noticed it's actually 400ug although u is more like an upside down h, hope that makes sense! Does anyone know what this is in mg? I'm so worried now that I havnt been taking enough :( I've just moved to Germany so these were the only ones I could find but I read it wrong and presumed they were ok!

Attachments

• 1385741288269.jpg
    1385741288269.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 13
Agree with poster above it is the right amount as in taking pregnacare it says that on the box Also

Thats the right amount for a prophylactic (ie preventative) dose. The therapeutic dose (when you have confirmed low folic acid or are taking it along side iron) is 5mg. If you took 400mg that would be a major overdose, no idea on the side effects though.

Yes hon, as the others have said, it's the right dose - 400 micrograms, also written as 400mcg or 400ug.

Milligrams (mg) is a bigger measurement :)

My mw said thats not enough and to take extra

Sorry to jump in but I have twins on board, does anyone know if I need more? x

Tbh Northern monkey the major work has already been done on babies' neural tubes. Have a chat with your doc, but a little more wouldn't do any harm if you're worried. I think Canada recommends 2mg/day in pregnancy? That's 5x normal dose.

I'm on 12x normal dose due to obstetric history of neural tube defects xx

Thankyou ladies! Feel very relieved now! But also very stupid :blush: haha

I take 2mg sometimes 3. I have also noticed that most prenatal pills have 1mg or 1000mcg

I take Blackmore pregnancy multiv with an added folate tab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->