Worried about growth scan

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
I've got a growth scan on Tuesday due to the sonographer not being happy With the size of babys abdomen at my 20 week scan, the kidneys were slightly enlarged ( but she said this was treatable ) said I might have to be scanned every 4 weeks from now until end - a consultant is doing my scan on Tuesday

I'm so worried that there is something wrong - ( after my mmc last year everything worries me) everyone is trying to help by telling me everything is going to be ok but it's not helping- it might not be ok. I'm not very good at being positive in situations like this, for fear that if I am and there is a problem then I will be more upset.

Mrs Doddy, I can totally understand where you are coming from with your worries. I sometimes wish they would give us more information when comments are made, you know? I am glad you are seeing a Consultant, who will have more expertise, and should be able to advise and answer any questions you may have on Tuesday. They may also used better equipment to scan, to get a better look at baby. Is there any way you could phone and speak with the MW to have a better understanding of the situaton? This may help to put your mind at ease a bit. :hugs:

Thanks Sazza, I will be speaking to her tommorow re backache so will ask her, didn't think to speak to her about it tbh:flower:

:hugs::hugs: Good luck - hope all is well with baby and you :flower:

Mrs doddy they were like this with one of mine, they said his growth was too slow but his head was larger than average so it could signal intrauterine growth restriction or something similar, I had one or two extra scans with a consultant and things evened out. The funny thing was he was huge when he was born and nothing wrong with him whatsoever. I hope it's the same for you xx

Hi, sorry you are going through this.:hugs:

My daughter was diagnosed with the same thing, except one kidney was bigger than the other significantly. They monitored me throughout my pregnancy, but when she was born, everything turned back to normal and she was fine.

They also said she was going to be born with a clubbed foot because of the position she was in. She was in that position because she was huge!! lol When she was born again, NO CLUBBED FOOT!

I am sure your little one will be fine, and if something has to be done, with all of the medical advances, they will take good care of your little one. Monitoring is key, and the best part is you get to see your little one every 3 to 4 weeks. I liked that part, seeing my little, I had well over 12 scans before My Little Girl was born, and they were very much worth it.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->