Worried about late period

cadmonkey

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this so here goes...

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience to me regarding their periods after giving birth.

I gave birth to my id twin girls in August 2012 (6 months ago yesterday) and as recommended by the GP at my check up started on the pill again for 3 months. I took it for the 3 months but being busy with the girls and the buggy not fitting into the consulting rooms at the GP surgery (very annoying!) I never made another appointment to go back and get more. At that point I was very apprehensive about having sex again as I'd had stitches and was just very self conscious so knew I'd be fine without it. I had my withdrawal bleed and then one period last month which was a bit lighter and shorter than I was expecting but otherwise "normal". Now I'm 5 days late this month and getting a bit worried. DH and I have had protected sex a couple of times in the past 2 months but have been careful because we knew I wasn't on the pill. Apart from a break from the end of 2011 to giving birth in August 2012, I've been on the pill since March 2008 and had pretty regular periods before then (28 day cycle).

I guess my question is could I still just be adjusting to not taking the pill/hormone levels after giving birth and my cycle will settle down in it's own time? Or should I do a pregnancy test just to be sure?

Thanks.

You can do a test to be sure, if it will ease your mind. However, my period returned at 5 months pp (no birth control pills or anything) and I've had two periods in the last 4 months. I think sometimes these things just take a little while to get back to normal. You can always ask your doctor if you're concerned but I wouldn't worry about it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->