Worried about my baby

Caduran816

Reaction score
So I stopped taking birth control back in June and my husband and I were trying to conceive but had no luck the first three months so we kinda just said it'll happen when it's supposed to. But Friday I found out I was pregnant. I am very happy, but because of other health problems I have, I was on so many different medicines. And the doctor said I felt like I'm already 12 weeks at least. I have an ultrasound Saturday but I'm so scared something will be wrong. I was on tramadol the pain medication the whole time. I was on Lyrica, tizanadine, miratazapine, and an antibiotic for a week. I just want to know if I should expect something to be wrong. I'm so scared and worried about it. I stopped the medication when I found out. But still scared it hurt the baby. :cry:

i think you will be fine....i have been on antibiotics so many times pregnant, and on anti depressants and pain meds...they cut somethings down and they switched some stuff but my babies all ended up ok hun..

im sure urs will be too xxoo

There's a whole TV series filled with people who do things and eat things that we'd NEVER do if we knew we were pregnant... I wouldn't worry. :) :hugs:

It is important your doctor knows about everything you were on and the duration. Most pregnancies go unaffected by some medications and your doctor should give you the most honest and advice he can.
I had a friend who had rheumatoid arthritis and was on pain meds her WHOLE pregnancy, her baby was born with opiate dependency and spent a few months in the NICU, but that is an extreme case and she was on high doses of painkillers and steroids.
I think you should be fine, as many pregnant women take medications, do crazy things, and act in "irresponsible" ways before they know they are pregnant and the pregnancies go on to yield a normal healthy baby.

im sure she is going to let her doctor know if she hasnt already...btw tramadol is in the tylenol family..its non narcotic...and in the b category...

((hug)) take it easy hun ur doctor will go through your meds with you and take out what he thinks needs to be taken out and change what he needs to be changed..

btw due to high risk preterm labor i was on oxycodiene my last pregnancy at the end and my baby was not addicted to anything including my anti depressant which i see in the uk they are very scared of babies having withdrawals from..

my advice is keep calm...enjoy ur pregnancy and just be honest with ur doctor...:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->