Worried about my neighbour *Update page 3*

Quick update....the police came out and went in, she wasn't in there. The only thing they could think was that whoever was feeding the cats left it open by mistake. There's a cat flap so no need for it to be open for them. Very odd. That seems like the obvious answer though. They took mine and the other neighbours details and locked up and left. I hope she doesn't mind!

Glad she was just away. I'm sure she won't be upset that you cared enough to be worried about her and her home. :)

Now I think I did the wrong thing...she's back and all I can hear through the walls is a tirade of swearing and snippets of 'my door' and 'in my house' etc. oh god :( if she has a go at me ill just say I thought she was being burgled!!! I'm kinda glad I'm going out soon.

Ahh don't feel bad, you did the right thing you really did x

Just tell her you had no idea she'd gone and were concerned someone had burgled or she was in trouble hun :hugs:

I'm sure she'll calm down! It probably just shocked a little i'd say. If you do see her I'm sure she'll understand when you explain you were just worried about her/her house. You did the right thing, not everyone would have taken the time/effort!

Ox

She should be grateful that somebody cared enough to try and help. She could have been burgled if you hadn't reported it or she could have been in need of medical help.

I'm sure she'll calm down when she actually stops to think about it.

You 100% did the right thing x

I think you definitely did the right thing, without a doubt :hugs:

Thanks ladies. I went out and obviously now I can't hear her!! I see her a lot less in the winter because we use our gardens a lot less so hopefully by the time I do see hers he'll have calmed down! I was just trying to do the right thing and help her/stop her being burgled. If she's got a problem it's her issue!!

She's a nutter if she actually WANTED her door left open! You're such a good neighbour, you did the right thing and I'd have done the same.

Our neighbour once called the police out to ours at 2am because she thought she saw torches in our garden. It was our bloody solar-powered lights, which had been there for years! We were a bit peeved to begin with but quickly realised her heart was in the right place and were grateful that someone has our back on these things.

If she is mad- that is HER issue.. you did the right thing. Maybe, in the future, she should let you know she's out of town so you don't worry when you see an open door! I would have worried too-- usually our neighbors (the ones right next to us on either side) let us know when the are going to be out of town- if only so we can keep an eye out in case. I would anyway- but good to know in case we did see someone stalking around... you never know!

I just read through this, you did the right thing. Hopefully she just calms down. :) Dont worry, i would have done the same thing too! xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->