Worried about pregnancy weight gain!

apple84

Reaction score
I'm only 26 weeks, but I've gained 30 lbs already! I eat healthy, but frequently. I just seem to gain really easily! At this rate I'll be 50 lbs up when I have my baby! My doctor isn't concerned about my weight so far, but I am!

Before pregnancy I was pretty normal weight (140lbs @ 5"4) and have tried to lose weight before (I was 130lbs on my wedding day), but nothing close to 50lbs!!! I mean that seems like a "Biggest Loser" kind of amount and I'm so overwhelmed already!

Obviously I can't lose anything now but is there some sort of game plan I can start thinking about for after baby comes? I also won't be able to severely diet after my baby's born, because I intend to breastfeed, but I definitely DON'T want to be this big forever!

You're probably carrying around a lot of fluid! Think about how heavy a bucket of water is when you try to lift it?

Some people gain 60+ lbs when they're pregnant and they're fine after! I think you'll be fine. Don't like stuff your face but don't try to limit what you're eating either! You'll probably lose fast after because you lose your appetite for a while.

Other than that, eat high protein foods, have plenty of fruits and veggies already cut up for snacks, keep junk food out of the house.

I really wouldn't worry about it. I gained 43 when I was pregnant and I was hysterical. I lost it all by 6 weeks :) Still need to lose weight but thats my own fault for eating out too much pre-preg!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->