Worried about smear test results.

cookielucylou

Reaction score
I just got my results back and it says there is severe dyskaryosis and I will get an appointment through for a colposcopy.
Has anyone else on here had this result? What was the outcome?
We have been ttc no.2 looks like that will need to go on hold.

sorry hun i haven't but didn't want to read and run. im sure everything will be fine :hugs:

I had severe dyskariosis in 2004 with CIN 3. I had to go for a colposcopy and 2 days later I had the abnormal cells removed under a general anaesthetic. The cells were sent for biopsy and 2 weeks later I got the results which showed as pre cancerous cells. For the first year after the operation I had to attend for colposcopy every 3 months, then for the next year it was every 6 months and now its just once a year. Since the cells were removed every smear has come back as normal and I have another 2 years left of hospital appointments to go and then I will be referred back to my GP for regular 3 yearly smears. Try not to worry about it, abnormal smear results are very common and even severe changes does not automatically mean there is a problem. Also, not all cell removals are done under a general anaesthetic, I had to have one because the area of cells they needed to take were very far down. xx

What do the CI bits stand for? How long did you have to wait for your appointment? I really want to get mine over and done with so I know what is what.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cervical_intraepithelial_neoplasia

CIN is in 3 stages, 1 being the first and 3 being the most severe. Once my results came back as severe dyskariosis I got my colposcopy appointment through really quickly. I was seen on the monday and 2 days later I had the operation so they really didn't hang about.

Have you had a baby since treatment? Just wondering if it does need treatment, how long it will be before we ttc again.

I have had 3 babies since treatment with no problems !

Hi I was the same as tina_h75 without the CIN. My experience was exactly the same.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->