Worried about stitches.

Ethereal

Reaction score
I stupidly went into town today and walked too much, now I'm more sore than ever down there.

Now when i wee it feels like its coming out of two holes, my usual one and one further up near my clitoris. I'm in tears petrified that I've caused a prolapse. What do i do?

Is it possible it's not that bad and I've just overdone it? I'm not leaving the house till i feel completely better again.

You have probably just over done it hun! Try to lie down on your side as much As u can, it helps to take the pressure off! Have a warm bath as well, that's helps to keep the area clean and is soothing! Also I had a massive jug of warm water and poured it over my bits after weeing that really helped 2!
Don't forget your little one is only a few days old and unfortunately u will still feel sore and achey for a while but try not to worry! Your doing amazing walking and getting about as much as u are, I was still in bed and shuffling when I walked lol. If your worried get your midwife to have a look, r u due to see her soon anyway? Xxx

I'm sure you've just overdone it a bit :hugs: Take it easy, your LO is only 4 days old! I was still sore then, still in hospital even!

A frozen pad (sounds weird, I know..but just pop a packet in the freezer) is such a relief and I'm sure you've heard about pouring water over when you wee? That's good too.

If you tore upways, like I did, that might explain the feeling you're having higher up? I wouldn't be worried if I were you BUT if you are, you can always phone your dr or MW and tell them your concerns :flower:

Like the other ladies said you probably just over did it. The warm water definately helps, here the hospital gives you a little squeeze bottle for cleaning your lady bits after birth and I still use mine on occasion 3weeks later. Also one of my nurses (and this may sound strange) took a diaper and stuffed ice down in between the layers and then put the the diaper down on my bits. It acted like a pad but it also helped to numb me and even though cold down there is a no no for me (normally) I didn't mind at all...

Like the other ladies said you probably just over did it. The warm water definately helps, here the hospital gives you a little squeeze bottle for cleaning your lady bits after birth and I still use mine on occasion 3weeks later. Also one of my nurses (and this may sound strange) took a diaper and stuffed ice down in between the layers and then put the the diaper down on my bits. It acted like a pad but it also helped to numb me and even though cold down there is a no no for me (normally) I didn't mind at all...

My nurses did that for me too and it was the best thing ever. They sent me home with the packs as well, I swear I used the ice packs with the ginormous pads for 2-3 weeks! They also gave me witch hazel pads, which I used for the first month or so. I used the little 'peri' bottle for the first month-6 weeks as well. I was too afraid to touch anything down there unless I was washing in the shower!

Take it easy for a few days. :hugs: If you feel as though something is still off after those few days then call a doc and see if you can get checked out just for peace of mind.

Think you've just overdone it hun. This happened to me a few times if i walked too far or done too much around the house. Try a nice warm salty bath, i found that really helped! Also i know what u mean about peeing out of two holes, i used to feel like this bt it does get better! Have ur midwife check u over at ur next appointment to put ur mind at rest. Congrats too :) x

My friend told me to put a dry pad on, then soak one in water, put a few drops of lavender on it, then put it on top of the dry one. (Only if your in the house obv!) and it was soooooooo soothing.

I was sore and uncomfortable down there for a good few weeks, anytime I stood for too long I felt so heavy, like my insides were going to fall out!!

Think you just did too much

A bit of lavender oil in the bath did winded for me. Hope you feel better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->