Worried About The First Period After M/C

MRS_HJO

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was hoping you all could tell me (if you have experienced it or know someone who experienced it) what the first period is like after a m/c. I had my first pregnancy end in a natural m/c on March 17, and know that I am due for a period soon. While I am looking forward to having a cycle (and perhaps trying again soon), I am very concerned about the severity of the period. Usually I have a pretty heavy flow with very bad cramps... And April 17-22, I am due to be in Yosemite with all of my in-laws.... Given my luck, I will get this period at that time (because it's right around 4-5 weeks since my m/c and I have had bad luck recently........) There will be a lot of hiking and outdoor activities and also sharing a cabin with three other families... Not conducive to feeling like crap!

Anyway, I'm rambling, but any advice on the matter would be helpful.

Thank you so much,

Heather

My first period after my ectopic was heavier than normal and lasted a little longer (couple days) than normal. And was slightly more painful. But not sure if that's because I had an ectopic with methotrexate so my body hadn't really 'cleared out' (did have bleeding for about 2 weeks but nothing heavy at all).

But I was warned that the first one after a loss is usually heavy, it's your body clearing the way x

im in the middle of my first period after mmc 6 weeks ago. it started out extremely heavy and painful but that might be because i was 22 weeks and ive never had painful periods so it was just a bit of a shock.... im on day 4 now and its after easing loads but still heavier than what i would have normally had. i think everyone is different and some women have very very light flows so as difficult as it is i think its a case of wait and see.... so sorry for your loss hun xxxx enjoy the weekend even if you dont go hiking etc, take the time to relax :)

I hate to say so ~ but honestly my 1st one was the heaviest I've ever had in my life. I literally was up in the night 3 times for a few days because it was SO heavy. The thought of outdoor activities with AF like that makes me cringe! But~ you may get lucky and have it be super light.. it's impossible to predict as everyone is different!

I was dreading mine yet it was pathetic! I normally have heavy periods anyway and this was the lightest one I've ever had. Everyone's different though and I was expecting the worst one ever. I had only one day of pain after two days of spotting and one full day of bleeding then back to spotting :shrug:

I guess you will just have to wait and see. Just a warning, I was actually quite upset when it started even though I thought I had prepared myself for it.

XxX

It might not come till later anyway, I had a natural mc on the 2nd march and still waiting!
Fx it works out for you xx

My first period after my ectopic was heavier than normal and lasted a little longer (couple days) than normal. And was slightly more painful. But not sure if that's because I had an ectopic with methotrexate so my body hadn't really 'cleared out' (did have bleeding for about 2 weeks but nothing heavy at all).

But I was warned that the first one after a loss is usually heavy, it's your body clearing the way x

I had the methotrexate shot as well. My bleeding has stopped and now I am just waiting for AF to show her face. Yesterday I was starting to get AF like cramps. Ughh!

I also had what they thought was an ectopic with the methotrexate and I remember there was a couple of days of bleeding that I thought was a period around the time that my number finally went to 0 but then three weeks later, there was a bad period and my cycles have been regular since then. So I would say be prepared. I don't usually take Midol but sent DH to the store to get some because I felt so bad. And sharp cramping on the right side, which I imagined to be near my tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->