worried about toddler

winterbabies3

Wife, Mother & Expecting
Reaction score
So my lil boy will be 2 in October :cake: and he is all boy and rough! I'm scared he is going to hurt the baby by jumping on me or random things he does. I try to avoid his ninja kicks when I can but he doesn't understand that it could hurt the baby! I'm not saying my child is a monster:haha: but he is a rough playing boy who weights almost 40lbs and is pretty tall for his age (dad is over 6ft) is anyone experiencing this as well?

Hi , I have 4 boys and was worried each time I've been pregnant that they'd hurt my bump or once baby was here they would be too rough , just keep reminding him to be gentle of mummy's belly (baby) . Bubs is pretty well protected in there so don't worry too much and just keep reinforcing being gentle . Once bubs was here all my boys got the idea to be gentle , this time they're much older so hasn't been an issue .

Hello :wave: my son is 18 months just and he's a right bruiser he's like a bull in a china shop honestly! So this has been a worry for me too but I bought a picture frame and put a scan picture in it and say Awh baba or baby and he says Awh baba now sometimes I walk in and he has the picture frame in his hand just looking at s/he and if he sees a baby on the TV now he will point and say baby! I also let him stroke my tummy and he now walks up to me lifts my top up smiles and says baba then puts my top back down I think it might be easier for you to include him in the change then being worried he will hurt bump it's worked better for me anyway xxx

My boy is pretty rough as well. I haven't gotten to the ninja kick stage yet, but he throws everything, he pinches, and he chases our cats while screaming and throwing toys at them. I think, or hope, he will get that he has to be soft with the baby. I won't ever leave them in the same room alone though.

My daughter is 3 in October and loves nothing more than using me as a climbing frame and a trampoline! I don't tell her off for doing it now, but I just keep reminding her to be a little bit more gentle. I dont want her to feel like everything is changing all at once but she needs to understand to be a little more careful.

As for when baby comes, I know she will be great, she's been around babies before, bur I wont ever leave her alone with baby because it only takes the one accident!

Thanks girls. I've already started including him in things, cause honestly he is a mommas boy and it's going to be very hard with a new baby for him! He is just starting to realize where baby is when I ask so I guess we are on the right track. Just going to take some time!

Are there any other babies in your neighborhood you can introduce him too? That way he can learn and get some experience being gentle around babies. my 2 year old is very hyper and physical ( you could call him "rough" I suppose) , but he's around babies at his daycare, and he definitely knows to be gentle when he's near them.

Even if there aren't other babies you know, I'd definitely start now reinforcing the message that you have to be careful and gentle with babies ("only give them soft-touches") . If you wait til baby is here, he may resent it a bit.

I have a friend that lives all far but I think it would be worth it!! I even thought about getting a doll for him to practice with!!

My DS will be 2 in early September, I'm not only worried that he will be rough, but I'm worried about how he will adjust too since he is a huge momma's boy.

Right now his favorite thing to do is dive bomb off the couch. I catch him in the act and tell him not to do it. He listens for a day, maybe a few hours at the most, but is right back to it the next day, of course. Typical boy/toddler

My DS will be 2 in early September, I'm not only worried that he will be rough, but I'm worried about how he will adjust too since he is a huge momma's boy.

Right now his favorite thing to do is dive bomb off the couch. I catch him in the act and tell him not to do it. He listens for a day, maybe a few hours at the most, but is right back to it the next day, of course. Typical boy/toddler

I couldn't agree more!! I'm so worried on how he will act with this new baby!! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->