Worried about ttc at my age

Had my first 5 days before I turned 37 and now at 38 expecting my second. 37 is definitely not too old!!!

I'm 35 and have 2 sons and TTC #3. 37 is definately not old!

ooh i know how you feel...i feel old and dont have as much experience as you and the other ladies on this thread. I'm 39 and trying for #1. Sometimes i just want to give up and say - "oh well, not goin to happen"...other days I'm more positive. I have to learn to relax.

Hi All,

I'm 37 (will be 38 in a months time) and have been trying to conceive for 2 years now - miscarried last year so as awful as that was at least I know I could potentially become pregnant again. My Hubby is 43, it will be his first child too, if we're lucky enough.

You do hear negative comments sometimes and I don't think they help at all (example, my friend said to me last week 'why would you want a toddler running about when you turn 40'.. .as if at the age of 40 you suddenly turn grey and have to walk with a stick and an asthma pump!). It's important not to feel old, no matter what other people say.

For the record, my mum had me at 39 (she tells me it was quite common back then to have children older, regardless of what people say nowdays) and my nan had her at 45. So whenever I get down my mum always says 'you've got years before you catch up with your nan', which always cheers me up.

Good luck!! xx

Your a spring chicken lol. I am 44 (Just turned on the 17th of Aug) and i am trying for #1. I refuse to give up, and God willing i will be trying an IVF later this year :happydance:

I am 38 and hoping all will go well. I know several people who have had children late 30's/early 40's!

I had my LO age 37, and ttc now age 38 (so will be 39 when I give birth - Gods willing). My dh is 46. I wish we were a little younger but what can you do? Good luck and welcome :) xx

I am 36 and TTC #1. DH is 35 (turning 36 in January).

noisette, Yep your right chicki, got to relax, I guess like someone said before on here, its over once we stop menstruating, and you sound like a beautiful soul who wouldn't want a mother like you.

EVERYONE is right, I guess I worry about healthy complications and stuff being a older mother, but then even youngens can have children with problems so I guess its all meant to be what ever way it turns out and I should just put my faith in a higher place ad believe all will be ok

Wombwarrior I am probably one of the oldest women on this board.. My kids are similar ages to yours:
DS 24, DS 19, DD 18, DS 15, DD 12, DS 10, DD 7, and hoping to have one last miracle!!

Glad you are trying!! What day in your cycle are you? maybe we could be TTC buddies!! Good luck to you. I had my last child at 39, 3 wks shy of 40!! with no complications whatsoever!

I'm 36 and TTC ing for #2! Had my DD at 29

amommy, og=h good bloody luck to you lovie! We didnt get to try this cycle I would be about 2dpo now, quite sad but I am not trying "Fully" just going to keep trying to lose a little weight but not preventing either, so we will still dtd each month and Iif I fall yay lol. I would love to be your ttc buddy, I would love that very much

binksmommy, well done to you, I love seeing all these special mothers ttc more bubs lol, I reckon a boy for you next! Just a feeling :)

I feel so good reading this thread, makes me feel like Im not the only one out there in the late 30s still trying! We rock!

I was 37 when my first was born, there were a few mothers in my birthing class who were older than me. The oldest was 43, having her first. I saw her after her baby was born, she had a lovely healthy little girl and was having a blast!

I got pregnant with twins at 35~ suffered a loss. Waited 4 years, just working through my grief, and here I am at the age of 39, trying to conceive again.
I know a lady who just gave birth to her first child at the age of 48 :)
Celine Dion gave birth to twins at 43 :)
My SIL gave birth to her daughter at 41 :)

We are not too old :) We are beautiful and strong~

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"