Worried about ttc at my age

wombwarrior

Reaction score
Do you think 37 is getting to old?

If you all dont mind sharing, how old is everyone here ttc a baby? I ask not to judge but to perhaps make myself realise age should not be a barrier unless there are severe health problems

I'm 38 and pregnant with my second baby. I had my daughter when I was 37... I absolutely don't think 37 is too old to TTC and have had absolutely no problems because of my age and didn't expect to either to be honest!!

38 now but I was 36 when we started trying. No 37 is not too old, seems to be about normal with most of my friends. No one questions a mum who has her second or third at 37 or older, so it should be the same with our first child too. Don´t worry you are among the babies on here, right ladies?

thanks ladies i guess becoming a grandmother makes me feel old.

I am 40 & ttc'ing for the first time, I had a mc on the 5th Aug from a surprise pg, sometimes I feel too old but then I come on here & feel fine, I realise I may face a longer wait & have more problems but unless I try I will never know

Snap! 37 and TTC#1.
You're a grandmother?! Blimey, congratulations! So I guess you had a kid young? I can see why that would make you think 37 is old. But it's not - our best years are still to come!! (Well that's what I keep telling myself ;))

So I guess you had a kid young?
Oh yeah, just noticed your signature. That's quite a family you've got there! I guess the only question is do you have the energy to keep up with another little one?!! Personally I'm terrified at the prospect of one! Much respect to you.

Do you think 37 is getting to old?

Noooo. I'm 37 and trying for our first.

Anyway, I think there are good things about being older and trying for a baby. We know ourselves better than when we're in our twenties, for one.

Good luck! :)

I had my daughter at 37 and my son at 40. Been ttc for 2 years with 2 losses. Just want one more and closing up shop...

If you can bleed you can bread hun. When i was at EPAS a few weeks back i got talking to a woman in her 50's who was 20+ weeks. It might just take us oldies a little longer. :)

Well, if 37 is too old then I don't know what I am doing here because I am 39....

Good luck, Granny! :jo:

Hun I'm 44 years old and getting ready to ttc after a cornual ectopic five weeks ago. ! Fell naturally and hoping I can again , age is only a number chick and 37 is alot younger than me so if I can you sure as heck can !! Xx good luck xx

Wow I didn´t look at your signature either, wow you have had a lot of experience, can we pester you with questions and symptoms, because you know we will! Still not too old!

If you can bleed you can bread hun. When i was at EPAS a few weeks back i got talking to a woman in her 50's who was 20+ weeks. It might just take us oldies a little longer. :)

I love your saying Wendy!! and WTG to the 50yo:thumbup:

AFM .... I am 44, ttc #3 [secondary infertility issues]

Hi wombwarrior,
Definitely dont think you're too old.
I'm 38, trying for number 3.

Fingers crossed we'll all get there in the end :happydance:

WOW what a bunch of beautiful "Young" women on here! I certainly am in the right place I think. Your all very right age is just a number, it depends on the health of the mother.

Yep I started young my husband and I had our first when I was 16 year old, the day after our first child was born I turned 17. My mother packed up and left me behind with a new baby, so I had to learn fast to do everything on my own, paying bills,rent looking after a baby it was terrifying but I was blassed to be so inlove with such a beautiful lil soul, so it made motherhood much easier for me

Just turned 37 and going for #2...this is the place to be. It is all the support you need...IMO anyway...

I will be 41 next month and my last DD is just over 8 weeks old, so it can happen!:thumbup:

I am currently EBF so I've not had AF return yet. But when she does, DH wants to try for number 6 asap! :baby: He is a grandfather of 3 btw and doesn't feel old, so you shouldn't either. (He's 56.)

Good Luck!:thumbup:

definitely not too old. I've got a 20yr old, 18 yr old and a 12.5 month old. Trying for Number 4 and will be 41 on 13th September :)

Good luck x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->