Worried after 20 week scan

amy2015

Reaction score
I was really excited about my scan today because we would get to find out the baby's gender. But the whole experience has left me worried. The ultrasound technician had a concerned look on her face the entire time.

I asked her if she could tell us if everything was OK (even though I know she's not supposed to). She kind of just dismissed the question and said that the doctor would look at the results.

She did leave me with a bombshell at the end though - baby is measuring 9oz and something-something (I didn't quite catch it). Of course I googled that when I got home and found out that is very small even if it's on the high end of 9 oz.

I've called the midwife's office and they said someone would get back to me, but they weren't sure when. They're closed now though, so I guess it's not today. I'm so worried now because I've also not put on much weight since getting pregnant (less than 3 lbs).

Eta: never mind my crazy ftm paranoia! The midwife called me back. She said that the weight is not important. She received the babies measurements and everything is good. The technician must have just been having a bad day. Phew.

First off big hugs to you. The tech should have been able to tell you everything looked ok as far as they could tell and to be honest I think that they were very unprofessional leaving you frightened and clueless as to what is happening xx I am so sorry that you have had this experience I wish I could comfort you, I am sure a nice lady will come along soon and tell you of their similar experience xxxx :hugs:

Hope all is well Hun. Maybe she had just had a bad day. I had a lady like that. And the weight can be so wrong. It's just an estimated. They got the weight of my dd3 very wrong. 🙏🏻 all is ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->