Worried after growth scan

mummyconfused

Loss 9+2 TTC - DNA Sperm Fragmentation
Reaction score
Im 33 weeks and had a growth scan, babies head is measuring 34 weeks on the 85th % line, but body at 32+6

Should I be worried?

Nope. Sounds good to me. What does Dr say?

I wouldn't be. Sophie had a scan at 36 weeks and none of her measurements landed on the same week. Head was 37 weeks, tummy was 38.5 weeks, legs were 34 weeks etc.

I wouldn't be worried. Seems pretty on track to me. After my midwife visit last week she measured my stomach and said I was measuring way under the bottom percentile. She referred us for a growth scan and the hospital booked it in for the very next day. I was a bit anxious even though on the previous scans she'd be measuring slightly under average but still in normal range. Low and behold she's measuring in about the 40th percentile. :) You never know how accurate these things are anyway - my Mum was told that my sister would be a big baby (approx 9lb) - she was actually 7lb 1oz so you never really know!

I wouldn't be too worried. I had a scan on Friday at nearly 38 weeks and according to that my baby has an overly large head and short legs! The sonographer (and the doctor who read the results) both said baby is growing normally though. Maybe it's just going to be short....

It is my understanding that they rarely are uniform all over. Those small variations seem more than fine! I had two growth scans recently, and there was definitely a two week range that different things were falling into :flower:

Also- anecdotally both my oh and his sister were the same size at birth (close to 9lb I think it was). He is now about 6' and she is 5'2. Both are average adult weight etc. So, not sure that the size at birth shows all that much re: long term growth :)

My dr said as long as belly is measuring within a few weeks there's no worry :)

I was having growth scan from 29 weeks and the first thing the ultrasound tech (male) said was oh she's got a big head, I obviously threatened to kick him if he kept saying things like that :D anyway she was born 8lb11oz at 37.5 weeks with a perfectly proportioned head. Try not to worry unless someone says you need to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->