Worried another ectopic or mc on the way :(

Minimin

Reaction score
Just looking for someone with something similar to my story so far. I got my :bfp: on Friday at 14dpo. I have had an ectopic pregnancy in Sept 09 and early MC in Jan 10. I notices some stitch like pains and cramps predominantly on Friday. They were not painful enough to double over but there. My EPU is fantastic and took me in for blood work and early scan on Monday at around 4w3d. They didnt expect to see anything in the scan but did see a cyst on left ovary which is the side I ov'd from. The bloods were 161. I had repeat bloods this morning which came back as 255 only a 58% rise. A normal pregnancy is around 70-100 % rise.

Lots of lovely ladies I have come to know are keeping me sane and are telling me not to worry.

I am scared it is another ectopic and am looking for someone who may have had similar rise' in their early pregnancy to have it end in a h&h baby.

Thanks

Worries Minimin:cry:

hi hun, didn't want to read'n'run!
Sending hugs and lots of luck and love- I wish I had some direct hCG numbers of my own to draw from to reassure you (the numbers I have are progesterone levels, which were very very very sluggish and now just sluggish thanks to supplementation)
Have you or will you be having more bloods taken?
x

Hey Carmello! I am getting more blood work done on Friday morning. it can not come around fast enough.

why are you taking progesterone?

Best wishes for friday -bring on the invention of the time machine for times like this I say!
Please keep us posted, and I send all the luck and love in the world for this to be your sticky bean happily housed in your soft comfy uterus :hugs:

I'm having progesterone injections twice a week for a luteal phase defect,which was the reason we kept losing little ones. Most women are off the progesterone by now but I'm one of the handful who have a lovely healthy placenta and STILL not enough progesterone being created. Oh well, I would have the injections everyday if I needed to,just to have a screaming bundle of baby in my arms at the end of the day!

Hey C!
I am pleased they found out the reason why you couldnt carry little ones and so chuffed that you are now happily pregnant. Go progesterone!

I did ask the nurse to get my progesterone checked too because I have also miscarried in Jan and wanted to see if this could be a problem.

Like you said- roll on the inventor of this darn time machine! Friday cant get here fast enough.

sending you lots of love.
Min

Just checking on you Mini....I am in your same position.

Hey Amos- hope ur well- I'm waiting to get a scan on Thursday the 1st to see if there is anything in the gestational sac they saw on Monday. Sac was smaller thAn expected but still there- they couldn't see anything in the sac so fxd they see something!!
How are thing with you??

Hey Amos- hope ur well- I'm waiting to get a scan on Thursday the 1st to see if there is anything in the gestational sac they saw on Monday. Sac was smaller thAn expected but still there- they couldn't see anything in the sac so fxd they see something!!
How are thing with you??

Hey Mini...I am ok. Just waiting on my second round of bloodwork tomorrow so they can tell what's going on. I have been having a dull ache in my left side again so I have a terrible feeling it is another ectopic :(

Please keep me updated on your scan!! Fingers AND toes crossed :)

Oh Amos I had an ache like a stitch & it was the corpus lutem cyst from where the egg was released that was causing it. It's tons better now. Good luck with ur bloods tomorrow & let me knowhow ure doing :hugs: minimin x

Thanks Mini...they did see a small cyst on that ovary that they said could be the corpus luteum....I am praying that is the cause of my pain too

Hey Amos! I'm sure that's wat it is- our ecopic legacy is a right riyal pain inthe butt as it cones back to haunt us so bad! I've been having some twinges from yesterday that felt like my uterus expanding- but I'm scared it is the begining if something else- 5 more days before I know for sure- And it can't go fast enough. How's your weekend going honey?:)

Try and think positive Mini- your uterus expanding is a GOOD thing!! So you will have a scan in 5 days?
My weekend is pretty much down the tubes (pardon the pun). My levels dropped instead of rising. Wednesday they were 108 and Friday they were 101, so I am going for more bloodwork Monday but they basically said it was another mc or its in the tube again :(

:hugs: Amos! I am sorry to hear that! How are you feeling? Any cramps etc? I dont know if you are BBT monitoring either. But I now see with my MC my temps went down a few days before. I didnt monitor anything with the EP. It sounds awful but I do hope things resolve themselves quickly so you are back to "normal" as soon as possible. I know with the MC I had in Jan I felt so guilty but was relieved it was a MC and not and EP. So awful to think that way. Let me know if you want to chat honey.
Hugs to you and your DH/OH.

I am almost hoping it's another ep so they will just go in and take out the tube. I will always have this problem as long as the tube is there. It's not useable, so I just want it gone. How are you feeling?

So do you think it is on the same side as the other EP? I would imagine a "stump" would be problematic if you ov'd from that side. I hope they figure it out soon.

AFM- I am nursing a cold but it is terrible! I am such a wimp! And I dont want to take too many meds! i am aching and snotty! Had some weird dreams last night that my GS on my scan had nothing in it at all :(

How are you today?

My guess is that it is the the same side as the "stump"! (that cracked me up by the way!) I am anxious to see how much my levels have dropped tomorrow.
I remember always having weird vivid dreams when I was pregnant too, and of course that goes without saying it was usually something bad! So sad how we have lost our innocence and enjoyment of being pregnant. Comes with the territory I guess. Soon you will get to see your bean though so start dreaming about that!!!
I am not doing very good today....I seriously think I might go talk to a counselor. Nothing suicidal or crazy like that, just feel like I need to let it all out and I can't do it around my hubby. Well, not really can't but more like won't. :(

Hey Amos,
I totally understand about talking to someone- I have not really spoken to DH about it. I have however found lots of comfort through this and EPT boards. I also saw a counsellor for something unrelated to EP and it was schedules (though NHS) the week after I had my EP! I guess it was useful in retrospect. Have you spoken to your GP? They should be able to refer you for your initial consultation.
I am here if you need to talk too- PM me and we can swap details. If it helps to speak to someone completely out of your circle I understand.
Take care honey.
Min

So do you think it is on the same side as the other EP? I would imagine a "stump" would be problematic if you ov'd from that side. I hope they figure it out soon.

AFM- I am nursing a cold but it is terrible! I am such a wimp! And I dont want to take too many meds! i am aching and snotty! Had some weird dreams last night that my GS on my scan had nothing in it at all :(

How are you today?

In case you were wondering about problems oving from the side with the misssing tube - both times I have fallen pg, the egg came out my left ovary and were taken by my right dodgy tube :dohh:
Anyway, my point is, the tube doesn't always take the egg from the corresponding side. Apparently the tubes/ovaries aren't as far out to the side as it shows in the pictures (that's done to make it easier on the diagrams).

Hope you both get your happy endings :hugs: I totally understand that EP fear. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->