Worried -- Bleeding

Mrs B.

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just moved into the second tri (14w1d). I had a tiny amount of spotting a week ago, but my consultant gave me a really quick reassurance scan on Tues which showed baby's heartbeat. Now, today, I've got some brown spotting again. Still not a lot, but more than last Sunday, and I'm struggling not to panic. We've not BD'd, or done any major exercise or lifting, although I did have a bit of a longer walk through town yesterday. I've been getting some cramping, but nothing particularly more than I've been getting for the last few weeks. Anyone got some positive stories to put my mind at rest? Got a week and a half until my next midwife appointment where she said she'd try to listen for the heartbeat, and a private scan booked for a few days after that.

I get a lot of bleeding/spotting throughout my pregnancies. With my fourth baby, I bled through the ENTIRE pregnancy, off and on. I was worried the whole time, but he's a year old now, and the pregnancy went perfectly besides the bleeding worrying me!

Second pp, some women do bleed periodically. The other thing is your blood was brown. Yes, there was more of it. But brown blood is old blood. It could honestly just be residual from the firstbleed that is just now being pushed out. It's active, red blood you really have to keep an eye out for. But it might be nice to let your gyn know to get some professional reassurance as well :)

Hiya, I would give your midwife a call for your own piece off mind not because of the brown blood but to give you that reassurance. That's what they are there for hon, I've had random things I have rang for and just needed to hear that professional opinion made me feel so much better. Don't wait a whole week worrying xx

I'd get checked out. I did start bleeding with my son at 13 1/2 weeks. Wasn't long after my 12 weeks can where I'd started to relax.

I Had a subchorionic hematoma (pocket of blood in the womb) all was fine but it was scary. I bled for 8 long weeks heavy and bright red!

You can also bleed from simple things such as straining from going to the toilet, to sex. These things can irrate the cervix (again harmless)

I'd get checked out, but it's likely to be something harmless :hugs:

Thanks all. Sorry I didn't respond... didn't realise I had any responses to this thread! No more bleeding since, which is good, and I've put myself on limited duties and very little exercise as I suspect it was some irritation from walking that triggered it. Wish I could have got checked, Yo_Yo, but they (the early pregnancy unit, which is the place the midwife would have to refer me to for checks anyway) refused to see me unless I was filling 4 pads with red blood within an hour. I'm seeing the midwife on Thursday for my 16w appointment, so will mention it then, and I have a private scan a week today just to check baby's doing alright. Fingers crossed ive just got a bit of a sensitive cervix! Thanks all :)

Glad to hear no more bleeding! Hope you get even more assurance at your appointment and scan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->