WORRIED: Cold but Dr said allergy

MrsJT

Reaction score
Hi all,

So my little girl was born at 34+4 and will be 6 week on Tuesday (she is 2 days corrected today). I have been back and forth to the dr's as she has been really congested at night but not much during the day, Dr's gave me saline drops and said it was quite normal.

Went back yesterday as drops aren't helping and she has developed a cough, he said she's fine and it's an allergy.

Today she has a nose full of snot, I clear it up and within an hour its the same her cough is getting worse and she has brought some milk back up in the form of mucus, it was all slimy and stringy.

So she has a cough with mucus, a snotty nose, rapid and difficulties breathing and she is very wheezy and noisy (don't know how best to descripe the noises she makes).

What are your guys take on this? I don't think it's right 3 times I've been to Dr's and once to out of hours Dr, they instantly say your a first time mom aren't you! What the hell does that matter my daughter is obviously ill but I feel I'm been fobed off this is 4 different dr's, please help I'm really worried about her.

So I had something similar happen with Sophie the second week after she was home and I took her into the er at the children's hospital because the pedi kept telling m it was an allergy and I just didn't believe her. They did a chest xray and said it was a cold they told me to get a humidifier and to do the saline drops it took two weeks to go away. The first cold is always really scary with babies! But most of the time it's really nothing but that doesn't mean you shouldn't worry it that it isn't something more. If you are really worried about it go to the er. Also it's normal for baby's to spit up a little like that their tummies are still developing. Also it could have been stringy from the snot draining down the back of the throat. What is her temperature? If it's under 100.1 your okay. Does she seem abnormally fussy? Does she not want to feed? As long as she is still feeding, doesn't have a fever, and doesn't seem overly fussy she is probably okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->