Worried! Heavy bleeding at ovulation but then a BFP! Could something be wrong?

Itsychik

Reaction score
So we have been TTC (I've been using OPK's and taking BBT) and at the beginning of this month we had sex, then I started spotting pretty heavily (like a light period continuously instead of actual spotting) later that day and it lasted for 3 days (I got a positive OPK during that time, but I was still bleeding and we didn't have sex). I've never had spotting like that before. Then several weeks later I took a test and got a BFP!!! We're really excited but worried that something may be wrong since I experienced bleeding earlier in the month. I figure I'm about 5 and a half weeks and I also don't have ANY symptoms yet, which is making me worried as well.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Any advice? We're out of the country and won't be able to see/ask my doctor until next week so I'm just looking for some info until then.

Thanks in advance!

Maybe check in the first trimester forum? It seems like spotting during the first trimester is pretty common. Thats how some women end up not knowing they are PG because they mistake the spotting for a period.

Thanks for the suggestion. The spotting was during ovulation (and before I got a positive HPT) so I was thinking that someone on here might have advice.

I'll check the other forum though! Thanks!

Hiya, it could be that your positive opk was in fact detecting pregnancy from the previous cycle and you have been spotting/bleeding as a result of pregnancy all along? Just a thought hun

whether you get responses from here or from first tri i think everyone will be suggesting you get yourself down to the doctors

i would explain that you did have a period and then two weeks later more spotting and a positive opk, say that the opks you use also give a positive when pregnant perhaps if you suggest your pregnancy is potentially further along than you realise they will then get you in for a scan rather than just saying spotting in midcycle is normal and your bfp still stands - ie fobbing you off

Hello just popped over from first trimester!

Spotting during early pregnancy is extremely common, I haven't personally experienced it but my best friend who is currently 35 weeks pregnant with a very healthy LO did. It can sometimes be because of conflicting hormone levels but in the majority of cases they don't know what causes it.

I would personally do another pregnancy test (I didn't believe my first one :haha:) and then phone home to your GP to book in an appointment as soon as your back.

I don't think it is a sign that anything is wrong, but just take it easy - first three months can be pretty fraught.

Good Luck!

So we have been TTC (I've been using OPK's and taking BBT) and at the beginning of this month we had sex, then I started spotting pretty heavily (like a light period continuously instead of actual spotting) later that day and it lasted for 3 days (I got a positive OPK during that time, but I was still bleeding and we didn't have sex). I've never had spotting like that before. Then several weeks later I took a test and got a BFP!!! We're really excited but worried that something may be wrong since I experienced bleeding earlier in the month. I figure I'm about 5 and a half weeks and I also don't have ANY symptoms yet, which is making me worried as well.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Any advice? We're out of the country and won't be able to see/ask my doctor until next week so I'm just looking for some info until then.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I know this was so long ago. But I was wondering if you could share what the outcome of this was? I am experiencing something similar

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->