Worried, Hopeful someone has an answer

Dropsofbliss

Reaction score
This is my second pregnancy, and I have to say the symptoms on this pregnancy seem to be worse than what they were with my first 6 years ago. But the one thing that has me panicking is my babies heart rate, and I'm praying there are moms on here with good stories that will hopefully make me feel better about whats going on.

A week ago today, I was 8 weeks 1 day Gestation, and I went in for my first ultrasound. The Fetal Age was measuring at 6 weeks 1 day, completely normal, but my babies heart rate was only picking up at 116 beats per minute. When I heard that, at first I was okay. Little low, but it's got to start somewhere right?

Well, four days later, this Monday in fact, I went to the hospital because I was cramping, and having issues with my heart disease. My HCG levels were normal, my cervix is closed, and theres no bleeding coming from it, and the baby is measuring where it needs to be, but my babies heart rate was only 65 beats a minute. Naturally, I panicked. They let me leave, saying that if I was miscarrying, there was nothing they could do about it. So Tuesday, bright and early, I was at my OBGYN, begging for an ultrasound. After three hours of waiting, they finally gave me one, and they took three readings. The first was 107 bpm, the second, 87bpm, and the third was 95 bpm. It was all over the place in that five minutes.

Little of back story, when I was at the hospital, I was starving, I hadn't eaten in almost 6 hours, I didn't know I was going to be there that long. And at my doctors office, it had been four hours since I had eaten, and I was again hungry. I don't drink caffiene because of my heart disease, but I'm praying maybe the babies heart rate is the way it is because I was hungry both of those times...? I'm nine weeks one day gestation today, fetal age is seven weeks one day... baby is measuring where he needs to, but the heart isn't pumping like it should...

Does anyone have any similar stories? Tell me in the end a healthy beautiful baby came out of it, because at this point, I'm in panic mode praying every day for the strength of my baby, worried every minute the babies little heart gave out. Any positive story would be MORE than appreciated!

You must be terrified!!! Unfortunately I can't share a story but I am thinking of you and sending all my spare positive energy your way. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

I go to my OBGYN today in about two hours. I don't know if they're going to let me try and hear the heartbeat again, or if they're going to make me wait... I'm so desperate, I might make an appointment with another OBGYN office and beg someone for an ultrasound. It's been three days since I've heard it, and just maybe it's gone up..? I don't know why it's fluctuating like it is, and I'm praying maybe it's just a fluke or something, I don't know. I really hope they let me hear it today, because this not knowing.... it's horrible and gut wrenching. I'm already so attached to this baby. I almost hate myself for going to the ER that night. Then I wouldn't be freaking out so bad about my babies heart. I'm praying the little thing is still beating.

I wonder if somehow the person looking at the hb wasnt calculating the right one. If the hb was at 65bpm that would be your hb not babies. Was the person telling you the numbers, or were you seeing them? Normally it shouldnt fluctuate that much and wouldnt be lower than 100bmp at that point. Did you actually hear the hb? If you did it should sound like galoping horses or a fast train. Im sure you will get proper answers at your appt. Id say that person looking at the hb wasnt doing it correctly if its fluctuating that much and especially in that amount of time. Good luck.

I wonder if somehow the person looking at the hb wasnt calculating the right one. If the hb was at 65bpm that would be your hb not babies. Was the person telling you the numbers, or were you seeing them? Normally it shouldnt fluctuate that much and wouldnt be lower than 100bmp at that point. Did you actually hear the hb? If you did it should sound like galoping horses or a fast train. Im sure you will get proper answers at your appt. Id say that person looking at the hb wasnt doing it correctly if its fluctuating that much and especially in that amount of time. Good luck.

I agree with this it sounds like they picked up your heartbeat for the lower readings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->