Worried I'm losing my Rainbow

sparklyvamp13

Reaction score
Going on the dates of my LMP I'm 8+5 weeks pregnant and I'm really worried that I might be starting to miscarry. I've been getting a bit of back ache and slight stomach cramping these past 2 days and earlier today when I wiped there was a small amount of what looked like dryish brown coloured blood?

I'm absolutely terrified as my first early m/c was around 6 weeks in Sept 2010 and I'd only just found out I was pregnant when I had the loss. My other 2 m/c where at 13+5 in April 2011 and then 12+4 in October 2011 :cry:

I really hope it's nothing to worry about, but I can't help but be scarred as I'm so worried that history is repeating it's self. I really so very much want to be able to hold my rainbow in my arms in August :baby:

I haven't seen the midwife yet, I'm waiting for them to contact me for my first appointment. I have contacted NHS Direct and they said its normal in early pregnancy and as its brown and not red or pink theres nothing to be worried about.

Has anyone else had this, I know I'm probably over reacting, but I just can't seem to relax and enjoy being pregnant because I'm worried every little thing is the start of a m/c :cry:

Going on the dates of my LMP I'm 8+5 weeks pregnant and I'm really worried that I might be starting to miscarry. I've been getting a bit of back ache and slight stomach cramping these past 2 days and earlier today when I wiped there was a small amount of what looked like dryish brown coloured blood?

I'm absolutely terrified as my first early m/c was around 6 weeks in Sept 2010 and I'd only just found out I was pregnant when I had the loss. My other 2 m/c where at 13+5 in April 2011 and then 12+4 in October 2011 :cry:

I really hope it's nothing to worry about, but I can't help but be scarred as I'm so worried that history is repeating it's self. I really so very much want to be able to hold my rainbow in my arms in August :baby:

I haven't seen the midwife yet, I'm waiting for them to contact me for my first appointment. I have contacted NHS Direct and they said its normal in early pregnancy and as its brown and not red or pink theres nothing to be worried about.

Has anyone else had this, I know I'm probably over reacting, but I just can't seem to relax and enjoy being pregnant because I'm worried every little thing is the start of a m/c :cry:

Try not to worry yourself too much hun, the feelings you have even though you recognise them from a previous loss they are also a pregnany symptom. I had spotting and cramping with this one im pg with now until 12 weeks. I know its horrid but try and not worry. xx

Lou,

Thank-you so much for your reply :hugs:, it has helped to reassure me. I do still have the little niggle at the back of my mind though, so I'm going to try and relax and not stress over it as much as possible and if anything develops further I'll see my GP or head to the hospital.

Maria :flower:

I had some brown spotting at around 7-8wks and a gush of red at 9wks and was convinced it was another mc....as the spotting was the same....had an early pregnancy scan at 9 1/2 wks and baby was fine! Am now on the countdown to 27th February and c-section (so 7 weeks tomorrow!).

Just take it one day/hour at a time, and believe me -- you will worry throughout, but as you hit each milestone, it does get a little easier....

best wishes

I lost my little girl at 11 weeks. I had no cramping...just a tiny bit of spotting that terrified me, and sent me to the ER hoping I was just being a worry wart. And I saw my little one for the last time.

This time, at 11 weeks, it was like history was repeating itself. Also on a Friday night, I had some cramping and a tiny bit of spotting. And I panicked. I cried, OH was scared as hell, and I went expecting the worst. They were silent during the ultrasound, and I sat there, shaking and in tears, waiting for them to just hurry up and deliver the horrible news. But instead, I was told that my baby was perfectly fine, and just told to rest that weekend.

I think sometimes we just prep ourselves for the worst once we've experienced said worst case scenario. Once we've seen an ultrasound with no heartbeat, we are terrified we are going to see it again. There's a nagging voice in the back of your head that says you'll never have children. And we go on to expect it to not last.
I was not able to truly enjoy my pregnancy until recently...when I finally was convinced that this little one is here to stay.
His gender was confirmed, and he has a name. We talk to him and address him by name, we've bought him clothing and looked at furniture. It's real now....but it was a long road to get to this point.
I wish you an amazingly happy and healthy remainder of your pregnancy. And remember: que sera sera. We can't control what happens, we can only be our best selves for it. <3

Hi hunny

Because i have had a child already i can say that i dont mind the aches and cramps aslong as no blood of course! I had them all the way through pregnancy with my daughter and it was my womb expanding and my ligaments softening.

Also, if you dates are about right you maybe get an AF break through which is common.
Friday just gone i went for a scan and i had a small bit of brown tinge CM that day. I am sure it was a bit of AF break through.

Many women get this and some throughout their whole pregnancy.

It isnt easy to not worry. I worry all the time but i try to tell myself the rationals when i am feeling calmer!

If you are this far already the odds are with you and not against you!

We read many stories on here of many poor women experiencing MCs and repeated. I think it represents a disproportionate amount of women who actually do MC past 6 weeks. I know i come here for help and hope. Poeple tend not to if they have never experienced MC before:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->