worried mommy

theamazingmom

Reaction score
my son was dx with Mild Unilateral Ventriculomegaly while in the womb. we had ultra sounds every month to check the dilation in his brain. everything seemed to be fine & we had him & it he was beautiful & perfect.

now 7 months later & several GOOD trips to the neurologist (saying he was fine) i'm faced with constant worry. I cant look at my son without thinking "what if something is wrong" his pedi said is about 2 months delayed with motor skills. It sucks tho because i'm a SAHM & so I see him all day & see what he does & he does so much that is good, but then other times I analyze what he's not doing & it's breaking my heart constantly thinking something's wrong.

He's not rolling over (i know that happens later for some babies)
He's still fisting quite a bit.when he trys to grab a toy he does a good job, he just is still trying to figure out that he can spread those fingers to hold it good. but this is the weird part, you help him old a sippy cup & he will hold on to that thing forever. he's a ham.
When we go out he just lays there in the carseat & doesnt really care too much about what's going on around him. He's a very chill relaxed baby (just like how his father was .. so said my MIL) but i see so many other babies around me that are his age or younger & they are so much more social & curious & want to go after the toys. he doesnt really care about them.

He will grab my hair & my face & smile & giggle so much, it's just certain things I see I worry about.

Am I alone in this? Are there other parents out there who have gone through the same thing?

I think I worry WAY more because of the issues (that are supposedly gone now) when we were first pregnant & I cant get that anxiety & worry out of my head.

Thanks so much for any feedback :) -theamazingmom

Hi hun I am 28 wks pregnant with my 3rd baby. He has been dx with isolated mild ventricularmegaly too.
Having MRI on June 21st.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->