Worried mum to be, need some serious advice

praying4good

Reaction score
Hi All

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 26 weeks. The first week I had trouble controlling my blood sugar levels but since two weeks my blood sugar levels have stabilised through diet.

What I have noticed is if I increase my portion size, it now has no effect on my readings as they come back normal and also having a fizzy drink or chocolate also has no effect whereas previously my levels would elevate well above the recommend amount of 7.8.

I am currently 29 weeks and although I am glad I can eat normally, I am worried what impact this may have on the rest of my pregnancy. Can anyone advice why this is happening or what should I do?

I have rang my dietican but had no luck with getting through to her or my midwife, instead I was given advice to call back on monday but I am deeply concerned at the moment just incase this has a adverse effect on me

I wouldn't worry if you are still testing and your levels aren't going high. Gd is caused by hormones from the placenta affecting how your body produces insulin. It is possible for it to go up and down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->