Worried my baby is hyper active

broodyhen

Reaction score
Hey peeps

This might sound silly but I really wanted to share this and get some perspective.

My son in just 7months old and he really is ALWAYS on the go. He is crawling already which is great but even when I'm holding him he is fidgeting, he wants to face one way then the other, then the other. He is never ever still. I noticed how different he is when we went to a baby group with around 20 other babies of around the same age. Even those a little older than him were content to lay down and listen to songs or sit on their mums knee and play. My son was climbing all over the woman running the class!

I am so proud of my LO and think he is quite advanced in some ways. But some people have started to comment about how wriggley he is my mum looked after him for 2 hours and said how tired she was as he is so hyper. Then a woman I made friends with on holiday asked if I was concerned about ADHD! He was only 4 months then.

Hi! I don't Really think u need to worry, I'm no expert tho. I think some r just more active than others. There is no way my daughter would lie down at baby group either! She would be climbing over the Others or me! if I go for lunch other babies r out sitting on mummy's laps where as mine is strapped in her pushchair ( Shes happy there tho so I'm not being mean lol) otherwise she would be moaning to get down and I wouldn't be able to eat! He sounds like he is quite ahead developmentally :) maybe just ask your health visitor when u next see them what they think and tell them what people have said. Xxx

Your son sounds exactly like mine. He never sits still and is on the go until he suddenly falls asleep! There is not sitting still/nicely, no cuddles unless he's so tired he can't physically move! My mum also gets tired when she has him and I've also had the ADHD comments. I think as pp said all babies are different and some are more active than others. My mil says that LO is just like my OH as a baby!

Hun dont worry honestly. I don't think you can tell at that age. My so was mega lazy at that age and he does have adhd lol x

My toddler is the same way. He's still just as active. He just has a lot of energy and likes to use it, not store it. I think it's a wonderful thing! My oldest was a bump on a log for the first 2 years, and THAT scared me.

It's much too early to be concerned about that kind of thing - enjoy your little explorer! :) If people keep asking if you're concerned about ADHD just say "not at all." What a rude thing to ask someone!

Seth is exactly the same! He's not crawling properly yet but put him down on the floor and he's off all over the place, rolling, dragging himself commando style, spinning on his belly etc. Pick him up and he's climbing on you, trying to get down, bouncing around, just doesn't sit still (unless he's tired) Going to have my work cut out when he's properly crawling and then walking!

Micah is just the same, my dad has him for 2 hours every week and he always comments on how exhausted he is after (one time he rang my mum for back up because he couldn't make a bottle!:haha:)

I've had ADHD comments too, as Micah is crawling everywhere and pulling himself up on everything, climbing everyone and everything all the time, whereas only one other of his peers at either group we attend is crawling and most are content to sit and play.

In fact we were asked to move up to the 9 month plus group because he is too active to police around newborns!

I'm not worried really, I try to encourage him to sit with a book once or twice a day and encourage him to focus on one thing at a time sometimes but what will be will be! We will always worry, it's part of being a mum, but my friends with babies who are calmer worry that they aren't active enough, these babies can't win!!

I can't believe people actually said that to you ladies. First off, how ignorant of them. My stepson has ADHD (he is 13). The earliest they will even diagnose ADHD is age five. There is no possible way to determine if a child will have ADHD when they are a baby. Second off, how RUDE! Tell people that they are just jealous that your LO is so advanced and active. Tell them he is just going to be good in sports.

Hey peeps

This might sound silly but I really wanted to share this and get some perspective.

My son in just 7months old and he really is ALWAYS on the go. He is crawling already which is great but even when I'm holding him he is fidgeting, he wants to face one way then the other, then the other. He is never ever still. I noticed how different he is when we went to a baby group with around 20 other babies of around the same age. Even those a little older than him were content to lay down and listen to songs or sit on their mums knee and play. My son was climbing all over the woman running the class!

I am so proud of my LO and think he is quite advanced in some ways. But some people have started to comment about how wriggley he is my mum looked after him for 2 hours and said how tired she was as he is so hyper. Then a woman I made friends with on holiday asked if I was concerned about ADHD! He was only 4 months then.
How is your son doing now please ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->