Worried Need a Friend

ghinspire22

Reaction score
I had sexy time fun with my husband on Friday morning. Everything was fine and then Saturday I had some brown discharge in mucus after going to the bathroom. Then it stopped and I was relieved and went to bed. I have had cramping on and off throughout my pregnancy and migraines as well. I'm also having twins so I figure that's normal, especially seeing as I am 13 weeks tomorrow. Well today I had the same discharge and it just started up this evening when I went to the bathroom. It has me worried that something is going to happen. I have my next appointment on Wednesday but I feel like I should call the nurse tomorrow. That I should just talk it through and have some form of peace of mind. It hasn't been bright red blood and I haven't been in crippling pain.

Am I crazy? Will the nurse think I'm crazy?

Firstly it's normal to worry and it's always best to seek medical help if you do have a concern- that's what they're there for and I'm sure the nurse will be understanding. Secondly cramps are normal- as are migraines, in any pregnancy.. So don't worry about those either unless they become really sore. Now the brown discharge is often normal too.. The fact that it was after sex would make me think it was just a bit of irritation to your cervix causing a little bit of spotting. Cervix has increased blood flow to it during pregnancy and is easily irritated. On the other hand it could be old blood being expelled from the uterus as bubs grow and need more space (I've had brown spotting on and off and this is one of the explanations I was given.) sooo I would say its probably nothing to worry about.. However I would still urge you to see a doc or your nurse about it and get confimation. They will prob see u sooner and give u a scan for reassurance. Hope u get on ok, let me know how u get on? I'm sure you're little babies are just fine though :hugs: xxx

I agree with dolly- I've also read that spotting is more common in twin pregnancies for some reason. It wouldn't hurt to give the nurse a call though- if anything- it will give you some peace of mind! Best wishes!

This is helping some. After my miscarriage I feel nerves. I just love these babies so much.

Pregnancy after a loss is very scarey. I've driven myself mad imagining every possible thing tht could go wrong this pregnancy, so I know how u feel. I love my wee man so much and the thought of going through another loss is unbearable. Make sure you contact your nurse or doc today to get some peace of mind. Xxx

I am calling the nurse this morning. I am still spotting and I need to know everything is ok. I am so scared.

Got everything crossed for you that your babies are ok. Let us know how u get on. :hugs: xxx

I called the nurse and she said to wait. She said if anything changes that I should call back and they will figure out what to do. I hate the waiting. I'm crying every little bit now and I'm scared. What if this is the beginning of the end? What if I made it to the second trimester only to find that I have failed? Wednesday seems like decades away. I keep feeling like a scared little girl.

What is she wanting you to wait for?... Your next appointment?? Hmm no I don't think that is good enough. When was your last scan?? Xxx

What is she wanting you to wait for?... Your next appointment?? Hmm no I don't think that is good enough. When was your last scan?? Xxx

11 weeks was my last scan. Everything looked perfect. And I just peed and passed a littl tissue so I called her back. Hopefully she gets the message and calls me.

Think you need to push to get seen. Is there a doctor you could contact instead? U definitely need to get this properly checked out. Any time I've had spotting I've been seen straight away and rescanned. You know it is possible it's nothing but very important to get checked. Xxx

Think you need to push to get seen. Is there a doctor you could contact instead? U definitely need to get this properly checked out. Any time I've had spotting I've been seen straight away and rescanned. You know it is possible it's nothing but very important to get checked. Xxx

The nurse called me back and said she is going to talk to the doctor and call me. I'm just like...this is not something I want to get pushed to the wayside. I want to get my cervix checked. I want to make sure it's not some infection. I want to get an ultrasound. It could be nothing and I pray that it's nothing but if it's not I want to be prepared for what I have to do.

Stand your ground you have every right to get all those things- and it's important that you do. In meantime though try and keep calm (easy for me to say I know.) theres a good chance its nothing and you don't want to stress out your little babies by gettin upset. :hugs: xxx

Well the nurse called back and said the doctor will see me at 5pm today. That's in like 3 and a half hours. I think I can make it that long. It's 1:20 right now. I am going to try my best to lay in bed and watch internet videos and maybe try and rest the best I can as I sip Gatorade.

Good plan. Get yourself nice and comfy and try and keep your mind off things- maybe even have a wee nap. Glad they going to see u today xxx

Glad you are getting checked out. I look forward to hearing that all is well with you and your babies!

The babies are good!!! I was so relieved. My cervix is closed, thick, and nice and long. The doctor said there is a lot of old blood there and swabbed some out. He said I could be spotting for a few weeks. So pelvic rest it is.

Also their heartbeats were at 135 and 145. I saw their spinal cords! How crazy! Thank you all for being there for me today.

So pleased all is well. Now u can relax a bit xxx

Fantastic news :) two healthy little babies, how exciting xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"