Worried , need some support And help please

Mum_Of_Roodys

Reaction score
Hey ladies , I'm 331/2 wks preg and been told I probably won't see 35 weeks I was fine up until this morning I've woken up feeling really crappy and I'm scared today is the day my first was prem but not by much and was fine I really would like it if someone could help calm my fears of having baby so early , when did baby come for you ? We're they okay ? What are normal prem problems ? How much did baby weigh. ? Was labour worse ? I'm really worried please help. ?? Thanks xx

I had an EMCS at 32+6 due to baby having decels during monitoring. He weighed 4lbs5oz when born and has done brilliantly. He came home when he should of been 35+4 and had no problems breathing right from the off. He regularly had bradys (where the heartrate drops) but always recovered on his own and I was told they were very normal for the gestation he was born at, it's just something they outgrow. He was pretty much just a feeder and a grower as he didn't have the suck, swallow, breathe reflex so needed to learn how to do that before he could come home (they generally develop it around 34 weeks).

Try not to worry too much, I'm sure if your LO does come early that s/he will be just fine :) x

Thankyou , I have been really worried ! But have heard allot of reassuring stories today that have helped me through , a little bit worried still but I'm sure we will be okay , just scared about baby having to stay in for ages xx

My little girl is still in the nicu so I can only speak from that perspective. I hope your baby cooks longer, but if you have baby soon they should do very well. My girl was born at 30+4 (she is iugr and I had severe preeclampsia) and her main problems have been breathing and PDA (there is a duct in the heart that should close shortly after birth, and hers didn't for a good while). She also has bradys very often (a sudden drop in heart rate to below 80). These are all very common preemie problems and they are managing them very well and she's improving little by little. She was also very tiny at birth at only 2 lbs 8 oz, but now she is 3 lbs 5 oz. The biggest thing to help me is just to remind myself that these things take time. She still shouldn't even be here (34+5 today) so considering her gestation she is actually doing really well. Some babies come home rather quickly and some take longer, but they all get there.

I had an emergency c section at 30 weeks due to HELLP Syndrome. He was 2 lbs 3 oz (IUGR). He was in for 88 days. He had typical preemie problems..Bradys, PDA, BPD..we thought he was coming home on oxygen..they put in an order and were going to teach us how to use it and one night we came to see him and the oxygen was gone! Best feeling ever. They thought he had NEC at one point but it wasn't but they took him off feedings for a week so that set him back a little. He has CMPI and reflux so the last few weeks were really just makin sure he was good without the oxygen and had steady weight gain.

And as you can see from my avatar he's doing great! He's 6 months now and weights almost 11 lbs.

I had my son at 34+5 and he needed help with his breathing but only for few hrs and he was tube fed for 10 days and we were in hosp this amount of time,he weighed just under 6 lbs so good weight!Hes now 9 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->