Worried. Vomiting & White Poo *UPDATE*

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
Ok so Olivia hasnt been well for the last 2 weeks. Like really off colour. constantly unhappy, whingey, off her food, over tired, sticky eyes, vomiting, and temps and just all the opposits of her usual self. She's also teething so it was hard to tell how much of this is actualy related although I do know that white poo just isnt normal

She has has white poo for the last 2 weeks, I thought it could be something do to with her only really having her milk, I had her to the walk in centre yesterday. When I explained about the white poo they insisted that if it persisted that I should take her to see the GP as her milk wouldnt make her poo go completely white...

I have her booked in with the GP today but im pretty worried. could be something and nothing but just wondering if any one has experianced any thing liek this and if so what it was and what treatment/explanation if any was given??

Ive googled and its come up with all kinds of horrfying things, luckily ive taken them with a pinch of salt. Possibly as ive managed to get her in the docs rather than dwelling on these things and worrying about something that could be completely irrelivent

Help?

Thanks - Stef

*** UPDATE***

I have just returned home from GP, she has an ear infection to start with, so theres my reason for temps etc...

However for her poo they are really unsure and have asked me to take a sample in as soon as I possibly can. They want a follow up in a weeks time, possible blood tests to be done.

So im no further forward to knowing whats caused it but at least its getting looked into.

Im having to monitor how much she's eating drinking and have her weighed every week for a month. ( I have to have more involvment with H.V )

Thanks for the replies

x

I've never heard of white poop in babies before. I'm sure your Doctor will know whats wrong :hugs:

This happened to Joe last year too :( My dr put it down to the particular bug he had plus lack of food. It lasted a few weeks until it eventually left and he got better :) I was never so glad to see brown poo in my life :lol:

xx

Taking her to the dr's is the best thing , he will know whats going on with your bub :)

This also helped me when max was lil

Tarry black poop, your baby's first poop, is called meconium. You'll never see it again once it passes.

Mustard poop is common for breastfed babies. Supposedly breastfed babies make sweeter smelling poop. I don't know about you, but I've yet to meet a poop I'd call sweet.

Green poop is normal in the realm of baby poop. "Green", "poop", and "normal" all in one sentence. It's so surreal.

Orange poop is also par for the course. I don't know if it's a par 3 or par 4. It's definitely not a birdie.

Yellow poop - hello yellow! (It's late, I'm tired, and I'm running out of cutesy ideas.) Yellow is normal.

Multiple color and color-changing poop - as long as the colors are listed above (sans meconium reference), there's nothing to worry about. Baby poop changes colors on a frighteningly regular basis.

Chalky white poop could indicate that there is no bile from the liver to digest food. Call the doc.

Tarry black poop, when NOT the first poop, could mean there is blood in the digestive tract. Call the doc.

Bright red blood in poop means blood has been expressed very close to the anus (i.e. no time to turn black.) Call the doc.

Blue poop can only mean one thing...your baby is a smurf lol

Lol 1st_baby! x

Hope all is ok soon Stef x

:hugs: glad it's getting sorted hon, hope she feels better soon

:hugs: xx

Aww, poor little girl! hope she gets better soon :hugs: xx

awwww poor little one hope she is feeling better soon and keep us posted on what doctors say about her poop x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->