Worried!

Beccaxo

Mummy to one & TTC #2
Reaction score
This is about financial, work and also housing worries, any advice from someone who has been or is in a similar situation would be much appreciated!

My partner had a really good job clearing around £1500 a month after tax so we could afford our £575 rent, bills & food and have enough to be comfortable on as we got CTC & CB for our little boy. In March my partner got laid off & now it has spiraled out of control, now I am worried. I feel anxious & don't know what to do! He had to sign onto JSA for us as a couple we get £222 every 2 weeks, we had no choice to but sign on & we applied for housing benefit which does cover our rent but we still need to stump up £150 to cover the rest of it at the end of the month, our tax credits dropped by alot too as he lost his job. He was in hospital for a month before he got laid off as he keeps on coughing up blood and the doctors don't know why he does have asthma but they aren't linking it to that so his company said he was 'unreliable' even though he worked 60 hour weeks & had to let him go. His contract was actually contracted at 0 hours so he has no legal action that he can take against their decision or get a redundancy payout. Our local council froze two payments of our housing benefit because of some form the tax credit people didn't send out on time & now we are being evicted from our house we have been served a section 21, our landlord is in the process of going through the court to get us out & we our forced to move to a flat we don't want but aren't in a position to be picky, we are so grateful we are being housed and the council did say we can move from the flat easier if someone wants a swap. The money is worrying me as we have bills to pay and our son to feed & support, it is just a horrible situation and I am getting so down about it & my doctor is worried about me getting depression from all the worries we have been under.

One good thing is I have been offered a job for 20 hours a week and where I am only 20 I will get NMW of £4.95 a hour & my partner will still get JSA but at a lower rate, just want to be out of this rut & be happy again, just want to be off benefits completely and independent again :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->