Worried :(

Loveit

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Evie is 2 weeks old and for the past week or so its sounded like shes really struggling to breathe! Its like shes trying to cough but cant, and it sounds really wheazy when she breathes if you know what i mean? At night she makes gasping noises too like shes trying to catch her breath..
I know she was mucusy when she was born but i dont know if this has got anything to do with it two weeks on?

I took her to the doctors last week and he said he couldnt hear anything on her chest but im really worried, has anyone elses baby had this?

Thanks for any replies xx

archie has had a cough since he was born...he was also really mucousy when he was born and gp said it could take up to a month for it to clear
hes 8 weeks now and i can still hear phlegm in his throat(which causes the wheezing sound) although he is better at getting it up himself now
i have propped the end of his cot up with books to try and help his 'stuffines' and it has helped
it will clear hun , but if at any time youre worried i would go back to the gp and demand answers
hth xx

Phoebe sometimes sounds wheezy and she also had mucus when she was born, we propped her bean bag up when she is sleeping and she is much better now so maybe you could try this to see if it improves. If not I would take her back to your GP.

I had the exact same, it worried me to death! Doctor said the same to me. She rarely does it now because she's learnt to cough (about 7 weeks) and that gets up anything slightly blocking their airways I suppose. My GP said it's totally normal and it's because they can't cough or anything at that age. xx

Max was the same , they gave us saline drops to help clearn the mucus .. he will learn to cough soon and it will get better

lucas has sounded quite mucousy and the hv says its fine

Harry was also very mucousy when he was born and it went on for about 3 weeks. It is worrying, particularly when you see them almost cholking. He did it on the first night he was born when we were in the hospital and i called the midwife who said it was very normal, although I was terrified because he would not breathe and would just be cholking.

I would prop Harry up using a pillow underneath the actual moses basket, and that would help him. Other than that, there's not much else that can be done, but they do eventually grow out of it and i'm sure your baby will be fine very soon.

im the same, jacob is 2 weeks aswell and is having the same, gald to hear it is normal. x

Me too.. Getting a bit of sleep now! Thanks everyone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->