Worried....

Willo

Mum of 3 :D
Reaction score
Hi I have just got back from my GP to confirm my pregnancy. She asked me when my lmp was and when she found out it was 24th August she was very surprised that I have been getting positive tests for the last 4 days. She warned me that her tests are not that sensitive and that some women do not get a positive until nearly 6 wks on the ones she uses. Anyway a line showed up almost immediately. I am 3wks 4 days by lmp, but my cycles are normally between 25 to 26 days.
I am worried because it would seem that my hcg levels are higher than they should be for how far along I am. Has anyone else had this? What was the result? I will be getting a scan around 7 weeks so I won't know anything more till then

I wouldn't worry... I got a BFP 9dpo. So I was around 3 weeks too.
xx

Hi! Congratulations! In my last 2 pregnancies I found out very early too, I had a 24/25 day cycle. You just ovulate earlier than the average cycle that's why your tests pick it up sooner. You really don't need to worry, you'll just probably be put forward slightly - in my first pregnancy I was given a due date of 7th November but it was actually 3rd Nov.

I'm also very early this time around, I'm 3 weeks 3 days and have been getting positives for the last 3 days :happydance:

Last week I got my hcg levels tested and I was about 4weeks5 days, and my numbers were well over 10,000. Also, my husband and I started TTC on August 21st and got a BFP exactly 2 weeks from that date. I think it's normal that you've been getting high numbers/ positive tests.

Thanks for the reassurance. I was thinking that maybe something was wrong.

Plus I didn't think you could get a false positive?!!

Please don't worry! You may have OV and implanted early, you may have high HCG levels (totally normal), your HCG may be doubling faster (totally normal), etc etc. Loads of women get positive tests before 4 weeks - I'm actually surprised she said 6 weeks??

I should've added I got mine at 3+1 for dd and 3 for this baby

I wouldn't worry, I got my positive at 2 wks 6 days and my last pregnancy 3 wks 1 day. Shame on her, she should know better! Some people implant early AND have shorter cycles!

I think she was just trying to prepare me incase it was negative and reassure me that it would not mean anything was wrong. She knows that we had two early losses before. I do think she was fully expecting it to be negative because of the dates. She seemed very suprised to see that second line.
I guess when I go for the scan I will find out if it's just that my hcg is higher than average or my dates are slightly off.

Got my bfp with this one at 9dpo - I wouldn't worry. I didn't go to my dr until after my AF was due as I knew she'd probably be snarky and make a comment about it being early. Bloody skeptical doctors!

Got my bfp with this one at 9dpo - I wouldn't worry. I didn't go to my dr until after my AF was due as I knew she'd probably be snarky and make a comment about it being early. Bloody skeptical doctors!

Seriously, I never met such ill mannered doctors until we started TTC. It is unbelievable!

It is strange that dr's don't seem to get that you can confirm a pregnancy before a missed period seeing as there are so many adverts promoting tests that do that very thing lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->