Worried....

NinjaPanda

Reaction score
So sorry for the tmi but today I got a sharp pain/cramps in my lower abdomen that felt like I had to go number 2. When I went to the bathroom and did my business the crampin went away but I had a decent amount of brown blood on the tissue from my vagina. I checked my cm and there was some brown blood in it too. I don't have cramps anymore and my MIL (a nurse practitioner with a specialty in prenatal care) told me to not do anything today and not to worry because if it was brown, it was probably just some implantation bleeding but to keep an eye on it. I have been monitoring it and haven't had any more but I'm still super worried since I am only at 6 weeks today and my first doc appointment is tomorrow. Anyone else had similar thing and are fine?

I've read on here about a lot of women having a brown bleeding and being fine. You may have irritated your cervix too, which can cause the brown bleeding.
Hope you are okay x

Blood turned red.... I think it's going to be a miscarriage :(... First doctors appointment is tomorrow. Guess I'll see what happens/what they say

I hope not Hun fingers crossed all is okay I'll pray for you xxx

Oh man. I'm praying for you hun . Xx

Fingers crossed, hope everything is okay. :/

Thanks, everyone! I saw the doctor today. He put my mind at ease a bit. He said he has another patient who bled worse/heavier than me 4 weeks ago and her baby is just fine. He said that it's a good sign that my breasts still hurt and I am still nauseous and that it is quite common for women to bleed (even red blood like a period... Apparently some have had full periods throughout their entire pregnancy!). He also said it's good that any cramping I do feel goes away right away. He tried doing an ultrasound but couldn't see anything because my bladder wasn't full enough (damn teacher's bladder!) but he did a blood test and I have to go again for blood work Sunday to make sure the hcg is rising and not falling. I have a follow up appointment on Thursday where, if my levels are high enough, he will try doing an ultrasound. In the mean time, the blood has turned brown again (hopefully a good thing) and I am trying to stay positive until we know for sure what is happening. Fingers crossed!

Thanks, everyone! I saw the doctor today. He put my mind at ease a bit. He said he has another patient who bled worse/heavier than me 4 weeks ago and her baby is just fine. He said that it's a good sign that my breasts still hurt and I am still nauseous and that it is quite common for women to bleed (even red blood like a period... Apparently some have had full periods throughout their entire pregnancy!). He also said it's good that any cramping I do feel goes away right away. He tried doing an ultrasound but couldn't see anything because my bladder wasn't full enough (damn teacher's bladder!) but he did a blood test and I have to go again for blood work Sunday to make sure the hcg is rising and not falling. I have a follow up appointment on Thursday where, if my levels are high enough, he will try doing an ultrasound. In the mean time, the blood has turned brown again (hopefully a good thing) and I am trying to stay positive until we know for sure what is happening. Fingers crossed!

Fingers and toes double crossed for you, NinjaPanda. Here's the thing. No one EVER tells you how common it is for women to bleed during pregnancy. NO ONE. And I'm in the medical field and have taken extensive classes and had extensive clinical rotations in OB-GYN and I STILL didn't know how common it was until it started happening to me around 5 weeks! Ultimately I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma, which is the most common sonographic abnormality in the presence of a live embryo (which is another thing I never knew till it was happening to me and freaked out about while pregnant). Something like 25% of women bleed during pregnancy. Of those, 50% go on to deliver healthy babies! Wow! Wish I would have been taught that as I would have been A LOT LESS FREAKED OUT when I saw blood while pregnant. Seeing blood while pregnant and not knowing this means that one automatically thinks the absolute worst case scenario, when in fact it might very well not be!

The thing with bleeding, be it dark brown or bright red, is that it could be nothing at all (or something they never know the cause of) or it could be something. You did the right thing and got checked out. Your hormone levels will provide some insight. You will have your answers in a few days. In the meantime, keep being positive. You're pregnant! Yay! The first trimester absolutely bites. Sending you and your little one many positive thoughts. Please keep us up to date!

So, the bleeding seems like it might be stopping (just light brown spotting now... Thank god.... Mil says that's a good thing).... Now let's hope for some rising numbers tomorrow!

Glad to hear the bleeding seems to be going away NinjaPanda. Wishing you all the best.

Keeping fingers crossed for you! I'm glad your doctor was able to reassure you some. Keep us posted!

So, bleeding has completely stopped as of this morning. I went for my second blood test today as well and have a doc/ultrasound appointment so fx all things line up and hcg levels keep rising, we might hopefully get to see a healthy little bean on the scan! I am definitely feeling more positive about this now that the bleeding has stopped!

So I saw the doctor today. Looks like I had a miscarriage. Guess it'll be back to the drawing board for me. Thanks for all the support, ladies! :cry:

So sorry panda, did they scan you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"