worried

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
i#m a bit worried about how big I am. Should I have a big belly yet? Mark is worried that I am too big anf that it cant all be a bump and thinks I need to start exercising more. I dont know if it is the baby or not, but I feel huge. Is this normal for my stage?

Of course it is not all baby, remember that your uterus is getting way bigger, there is the placenta and the amniotic fluid around the baby. I also found during the first trimester that my body seemed to put down a thicker layer of fat over my belly, I know that it is extra protection for my LO, and maternal stores for the upcoming deliver and breast feeding.

I know, it drives me nuts all these belly comments. Everyone keeps commenting on how small my bump is which it totally making me paranoid.

Is your oh a midwife or obstetrician???. Sorry not being mean to you :hugs: Annoys me when people who have little experience in these things think they can comment/tell you what to do. Have not seen a photo of your belly so hard to say. Ladies grow at different rates and different 'shapes'. Try not to worry. If you go to the thread with belly pics at 20 weeks you will see how they vary.:hi:

keep looking at all the other belly pictures - there are plenty of us showing early!
this was mine at 18 weeks 6 days belly 18.6.JPG

Now at nearly 22 weeks I'm much bigger. will downlaod a pic and pop it on the 2nd tri bump pictures thread later. it's a whopper! :)

Everyone grows at different rates/sizes. Honestly if your MW or OB isn't worried about it than I wouldn't be concerned either!

i wouldnt worry about it you will soon be 20weeks and of course you will be showing, just give you OH a kick if he says anything a again, or say you try being pregnant lol, i'm sure everything is fine

i wouldnt worry about it you will soon be 20weeks and of course you will be showing, just give you OH a kick if he says anything a again, or say you try being pregnant lol, i'm sure everything is fine

Better yet, tell him he's the one that helped put you in that position anyhow. He's 50% responsible :)

I asked my mum what she thought and she said I am exactly the same shape as she was when she was 20 weeks, so I guess I feel a bit better. I wouldn't mind but my weight is lower than before I was pg so I know I'm not getting fat!!! I guess being 4'11" I'm gonna show a lot anyway.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->